Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dilby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Hi this is probably a stupid question but I'm not really sure if and how I can sell software. I've got a box-set of Logic Pro 9 - I still use the software itself, but not the box set etc. If I was to sell this, does that mean I would have to stop using the software, or just not be able to upgrade it/install it other machines etc? And what happens with licensing etc. Sorry but thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hi this is probably a stupid question but I'm not really sure if and how I can sell software. I've got a box-set of Logic Pro 9 - I still use the software itself, but not the box set etc. If I was to sell this, does that mean I would have to stop using the software, or just not be able to upgrade it/install it other machines etc? And what happens with licensing etc. Sorry but thanks!
Check the Software License Agreement.

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, unless you obtained the Apple Software under a volume license, maintenance or other written agreement from Apple, you are granted a limited non-transferable license to install and use the Apple Software only on Apple-branded computers that you own or control in accordance with the Mac App Store Product Usage Rules located at: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/ (“Mac Usage Rules”). Except as permitted under the Mac Usage Rules, you may not distribute or make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Apple Software.

Dilby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
So essentially I'd have to remove it from my computer and never use it again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.