Selling some electronices, need help with pricing!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pandalover826, Jan 3, 2012.

1. pandalover826 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I was wondering with some electronics because I haven't used them in a while and I would like to get a decent amount for them before there worth nothing

1) iPod touc 32gig (not this gen but the year before, with camera) its on firmware 4.2.1 I believe and it's jail broken too. I was going to ask 200 for it, does it seem fair?

2) asus g53jw-xa1 laptop has 500gb hardrive, 6gb ddr3, nvidia 1.5gb graphics card, i7 intel processor (sorry not more specific because it's not in front of me right now) I was going to ask 1000 for it might be a little to high

3) iMac g5 17 inch and basic model (does not include the iSight camera) I was thinking about asking 200 for it

Sorry I'm not to specific about the specifications on them, and thanks for the help

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Your best option is to look for similar items on eBay to get the rough idea of their value. A few tips, though:

1. Un-jailbreak it. Jailbroken or otherwise modified items are always harder to sell as they may scare away potential buyers. The buyer can JB it if he wants to.

2. You must be a lot more specific. There are dozens of i7 CPUs and NVidia GPUs. Nobody can give you anything because it's impossible to determine its value based on so little info.

3. pandalover826 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well I found my laptop on amazon but it's unavailable so I can't check for price
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00486USL8