Selling spots in Australia, depressing or justified

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoveToMacRumors, Nov 1, 2017.

?

depressing or justified

1. depressing

21 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. justified

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Depressing, because Australia. Justified, because Australia.

j/k

Why not make a little coin? I vote neither depressing nor justified. It just is.

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Lol if it’s the same person saving extra spots in line with empty chairs. The people behind him may have something to say about that. Glad I preordered lol

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

@LoveToMacRumors How is this depressing? It's just another way for someone trying to make money in the world. If somebody chooses to pay the fee for the reserved spot, it's their right to do that.

4. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

Nothing wrong with it ....... whats the big deal ?

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

I see a middle dealer who can deliver said product at the time you want it. Is it because his chair was cheap, that you think it is depressing?

I think some people in here don't realize, that yes, poor people can in fact be quite desperate for money.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

I voted depressing but that is just because I can’t stand sitting too long.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What's to stop people from removing this guy's chairs seeing he obviously not there.

8. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Scam. This is for the iPhone X! which is probably next year. Jeez.

9. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I would just move the chair and he would be #26 in line then. Who does this just slaps a chair down and leaves like I’m good. My chair has been here for a month lol. Either a body is in said chair or your gone temporally for a bathroom break,even I understand that. But not just putting a chair down and going home lol. Nope. I’d move that thing.

10. dgiles79 macrumors newbie

Yeah I don’t understand how you can be “waiting in line” if you’re not actually there. I’m about to put a chair out there now, and leave it until next years iPhone, so I can be first in line.

11. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Exactly! I can't comment on Australia specifically, because maybe different "rules" are in place... but you can't just plop down a chair and leave indefinitely, that's not how any of this works. Its infuriating to the genuine people who are lined up behind them (you know, maybe people that have to go to work to pay for their iPhone X!). Washroom/food/leg-stretching breaks are fine, probably 30 minutes away is "acceptable" (note: there's no hard limit, just the limits of human decency).

12. Caesars macrumors regular

Are local authorities cool with all that litter? Garbage should be scrapped by the city imho.

13. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I'd take his spot. It's like those people that put a chair in the street to save their parking spot.

14. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

Pfft, using a chair is so 2005. Spike strips are far more effective.

But yeah, the chair in line thing...that is just lowball. If someone is willing to stand in line for two days to get a phone, and props to them. But sticking a chair in line, sticking a post it on it, and selling “your spot” is low. If I worked for the municipality I’d be removing all the abandoned chairs.