Price Advice Selling Upgraded 13" MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thetechfixer, Jul 17, 2014.

1. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

Hi, I currently own a 13" MacBook Pro and want to know how much I could get for it if I sold it. The condition is good, there are some light scratches on the bottom casing where it sits but you can't see it. Other than that it is in really good condition, I have a Speck See-Thru case and a cheap eBay case along with a Rearth Verco Keyboard Protector and 3 more cheap eBay ones which probably only add like $20 to the price. It is running Mavericks but I have the Original Box and documentation and disks since I bought it new in 2011 such as Snow Leopard, iLife etc. Let me know what you think it is worth and where I should sell it, like on eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji etc. I put the specs below and the machine has been upgraded. Thanks

Early 2011 13" MacBook Pro
    2.3GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB of RAM (Upgraded from 4)
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD (Upgraded)

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I sold one on eBay with almost the exact specs and got $560 (minus fees :().

Actually mine had a 250GB SSD EVO.

3. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

You can always check ebay sold listings. Go to ebay, type in your computer name, then on the right hand side, there is an option to choose "sold" listings. This will give you an idea for the market price of your machine.

4. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

You're probably in the $500-550 USD range. Add a bit if it has Applecare.

5. thetechfixer thread starter macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

Thats it, probably worth it to keep the MacBook then, I am in Canada, so a lot of stuff is more expensive here, I was looking at around $700