Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBullet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Bristol, UK
Just a quick question on what price I should sell my early 2011 13'' MBP, i5, 8GB, 320GB HDD machine.

It's in immaculate condition. As soon as it was brought, (2 weeks before the late 2011 updates were released :(), I cleaned it, put it in a case and also use a neoprene sleeve.

So yeah, any ideas?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

MrBullet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Bristol, UK
Extra 4GB of RAM is from Apple, unfortunately the person who brought it for me had no idea about computers and the pricing of RAM. They learnt the pricey way. Does that make a difference from Crucial/other makes of RAM in terms of re-sell value?

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010
As long as the MBP is functioning properly with whatever brand of RAM I don't think it makes any difference in the resale value. Perhaps if you were running 16 GB of RAM it could impact the price slightly. RAM is extremely cheap these days.

MrBullet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Bristol, UK
Not at all. RAM is RAM. There is no added resale value between brands.

Didn't think so, just a thought. Thanks.

----------

As long as the MBP is functioning properly with whatever brand of RAM I don't think it makes any difference in the resale value. Perhaps if you were running 16 GB of RAM it could impact the price slightly. RAM is extremely cheap these days.

Yeah GGJ pointed out that the Apple RAM would make no difference. Well I might try and sell it to a mug who thinks an extra 4GB of RAM is worth an extra £230 or whatever my old dear paid. Bless her.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
It still has the original 1 year warranty and the new buyer could extend warranty. Make that a top selling point. Its hard to find a used laptop still with warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.