Selling your 2011 iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PaulKemp, Oct 15, 2012.

1. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

With finally some decent rumors out regarding the iMac, are somebody considering selling theirs?

When I bought mine, I got it in the states, and I recon I can maybe sell the BTO one with SSD and mem for around 2500$ here in Norway. I got it knowing that a 2012 version would be better, but not really believing the retina rumors.

The 2011 iMac is still a very good machine, but Im bummed that I cant increase the storage without some serious hacking. Also a higher resolution in the 2012 one will definitely make me jealous.

2. kblake macrumors newbie

About storage..
    I have a 5000gig portable hdd (usb powered) connected permanently to my 2011 iMac. I have my iTunes library on it and a few other things on it and I find it quiet acceptable. Speed is fine (for me)

3. PaulKemp thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know... But personally I need higher speeds, at least I feel that way. Would live 2nd internal hdd. For virtual machines and iPhoto and iTunes library. Damn you price on thunderbolt accessories!

Aslo, quite the drive you've got there! 5 TB's! :)

4. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

I think they meant 500 GB.

5. PaulKemp thread starter macrumors 6502

You think? I thought my sarcasm was obvious enough

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have a top spec 2011 3.4GHZ 2GB VRAM 16GB RAM 27"...If you can bite that price bullet...I know it's a lot, but I grabbed a Pegasus R4 a while back, and it really does do what it says on the box...Thunderbolt is fast and reliable, allows me real-time editing etc. There are cheaper thunderbolt options around now too. I'm hanging on to mine until the Pro range is updated, OR we see a major spec hike in the Imac range. I was planning on holding on until early next year either way.

7. MacSignal macrumors regular

If my 15 month old 2011 iMac 21 had not died, I would be on the fence about selling it. USB 3.0 would be nice, but I think there will be other options for adding that through TB.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Your 15 month old machine died? In what way? Won't apple repair it even without AppleCare? They would in Europe.

9. kblake macrumors newbie

Everything is bigger in Australia :D:p

10. PaulKemp thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I know, I know I should just do it and live with the system I have. It's just so frekin' annoying that those TB devices are still so expensive! For the price, I could sell my 2011 iMac and get a huge usb 3.0 disk and a 2012 iMac. :(