Selling your iPhone 4 in-store reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeyondtheTech, Jun 15, 2010.

?

Would you sell your reservation?

1. Yes, times are tough.

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. No, I wouldn't set foot in the store.

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Yes, but I would feel guilty or know if it's allowed.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. No, finders keepers, losers weepers.

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

We've all been struggling to get through Apple and AT&T's servers since 4AM this morning. I've just been trying to get two 16GB iPhone 4's, preferably white, for me and my wife.

With enough perseverance, I managed to wrangle one (1) pre-order for black 16GB iPhone 4 from AT&T's Premier site, and it luckily shows "processing." At the same time, I also managed to grab two (2) reservations for black 16GB iPhone 4's at Apple's site, one using their website, and one with the Apple Store app (which, by the way, was extremely fast).

The bottom line is I have an extra reservation (possible because of two Apple IDs, I guess?). I'm still aiming to preorder the second 16GB iPhone 4 at AT&T, if the site will let me.

You know it's bound to happen.

Come launch day, the lines will be long. The stores will be crazy. Someone is bound to walk away without an iPhone 4, and someone will want one bad enough to pay money for it. If you had an extra reservation, would you sell it?

2. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

3. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

I set up an in-store reservation on Apple.com last week for the morning of the 24th. When I spoke to a genius at the store he said it was basically worthless and that I would have to wait in line like everyone else.

So either he is wrong or your appointment is not worth much.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try editing your OP next time and not double posting.

Anyone that would pay for this is just friggin' stupid.

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

7. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

What's the matter with asking? Besides, anyone on a walk-in who either doesn't want to wait, or ends up getting shafted because they're all sold out, or someone who wants to order one now will be waiting until mid-July.

Now, what do you think of the idea?

The economy is not that great, if you hadn't noticed. So, if you could use some extra cash, and there are lots of people who want something you have, what you would do?

8. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

If you hadn't noticed, I didn't get any responses and the speed of which all these threads moved pushed the question halfway down the second page.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

No, I wouldn't sell it. I'm going to get MY phone and leave. I'm not trying to do any illegal things to get money from anyone.:rolleyes:

10. BeyondtheTech thread starter macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

No one said it was illegal to sell it.