Selling your old iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markjones05, Oct 21, 2011.

1. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Has anyone sold their old iPhone to Gazelle.com or any other tech buyback site? I looked up my old 3GS 32GB on Gazelle and they are offering $141.00 for it. I wanted to see if anyone has used a site like this before and if there was anything I should know before I send my old phone off never to be seen again.

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I've found Gazelle to be great. They've always given me exactly what they've said (both times - the top amount/tier) and have been fast and reliable. I mailed my iPhone 4 to them Saturday and the check was mailed out yesterday.

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Gazelle is a very popular site and appears to be reputable. You can make more selling it on your own on Ebay or Craigslist, but if you don't want to go through the hassle, by all means the point of Gazelle is to make that process simpler.

Good luck.

4. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Sold my black 16GB 3GS for $130.00 to Gazelle. Perfect if you don't like selling stuff through eBay/Craigslist.

5. yrrej macrumors regular

selling it on craigslist is your best value. i got $400 for my white iphone 4. other sites/stores were offering around 200-250.

6. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Gazelle No Hassle Selling

I agree. I've used eBay to sell things but Gazelle is simple, fast and you know you'll get your money. I've been screwed on eBay by sellers who didn't pay, then it holds you up with the whole dispute process. Then I didn't get my money in the end, had to re list it getting less than I would have gotten before. Anyway I chose Gazelle, again, to sell my iPhone. Sure thing, sure money :)

7. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I looked into using Gazelle but they were offering me $181 for my 16GB iPhone 4. I ended up selling it on Craigslist for $350. I posted at 11am and it was sold by 6:30pm when I got off from work.

It wasn't a hassle for me, at all, but it would still be worth it. That's almost half as much as Gazelle was offering me.