semi broken iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noobindistress, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Noobindistress macrumors newbie

I have a broken iPhone. It is in great cosmetic condition--always had a case and screen protector on it-Barely a scratch on it. It has water damage (slight) and is not working properly. It shows the apple screen from time to time and will not stop until it is plugged into a power source. Once plugged into a power source it works fine-iPod, phone, everything... for a short while until it does the lock up thing. I would suppose this is very fixable. Perfect screen, perfect graphics, clean phone cosmetically speaking. The apple guys said the top button might be locked up, but that they could not work on it because it had "water damage"--It was never drenched, only left in a wet beach bag and did not seem wet at the time. Thanks. Please help

2. Inukami macrumors 6502

set up another appointment and get it change or live with it.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

have you tried to thoroughly dry it out? i know i've seen some posts about sticking it in a bag of rice or other solutions to make sure all the water is gone. i've also seen posts claiming to reverse the color of the water-damage indicator in the headphone jack. search around and maybe you'll be able to fix it up enough to get it swapped.

sorry 'bout your iPhone. :(