Semi SSH free screenshots for iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jakintosh™, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

This is assuming its jailbroken

only tested on a mac, should work on windows too.

In Installer.app, download BSD subsystem and dock.

then use ssh (i use cyberduck) to go to /Media/DCIM/ and make a 100APPLE folder (make sure all caps) and put that into the DCIM folder.

restart iPod.

use dock to take a screenshot. (you can do this in any app and home screen)

use SSH to go back into that folder (100APPLE) and take your pics off onto your computer!!

as of right now, if you have mobile finder and mobile preview installed, you can see them from your touch as well. (just go to Media/DCIM/100APPLE/ and double tap pic you want to open)

~Jak

P.S. Thanks for the awesome summerboard theme!

UPDATE: when iPod is plugged in, iphoto launches and you can import them from there!!

Attached Files:

2. lunarlie macrumors member

you don't need to do all that...if you have the screenshot app and dock it will sync with iphoto anyway.

hmm everyone seems to have my theme...i suppose i'll change and be selfish next time ;)

3. Jakintosh™ thread starter macrumors member

well it never did that on mine, cuz there was never a folder for the pics to go in. all you really have to do is make the 100APPLE folder, i just elaborated a little. it works on iphone cuz when u use the cam, it automatically makes that folder. thats why it didn't work on the touch.

thats because it is an awesome theme!!!! good job

4. lunarlie macrumors member

well all i did was mix icons from various themes and use a wallpaper i found :rolleyes: i'll make my own eventually....