Semi-stripped screws in a new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bruxmiller, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bruxmiller macrumors newbie

A few weeks back I spilled a glass of wine on my non-unibody, but new, MacBook pro while it was turned on (I know; no good). i let it dry for a few days but still, no life. i decided to open the sucker up to investigate and had successfully taken out the battery and one of the fans before the trouble began. i was using a #000 philips head screwdriver, and most of the screws in the logic board came right out, but some (the same size as the others) wouldn't budge. now i'm not sure if i should just put the thing back together and send it to apple or try to find a different size screwdriver and forge ahead. i know the problem in terms of moisture is on the other side of that logic board (and hard drive, which won't budge either) but these damn screws!

any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You could put it all back together and take it to Apple but they will not fix for free as your warranty was voided due to liquid damage. Your best bet is to you the correct philips head and see if you can't get the screw out. It should take minimal effort but they do strip quite easily.

The issues you're having however are caused by the sugars in the wine.