iPhone Semi Untethered Jailbreak 6.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ipawnforfun1, Mar 20, 2013.

1. ipawnforfun1 macrumors regular

Ok Sadly :( I'm updated t 6.1.3 i heard there is a sem untethered Jailbreak avail for 4 .... i wanted to know if the semi-untethered JB device will work normally like a evasion JB device? are there any things i have to cautious about when using s Semi-untethered device.. will jailbrreaking my phone semi-untetheredly affect my phone? AND any personal experiences?

2. Auxo macrumors 6502

Semi-untethe.. whaat?
    I'd wait for Evad3rs software if I were you. I'm not sure how long it's gonna take but I think they're pretty quick about it. It seems to be a safer and more stable bet.

3. ipawnforfun1 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think they'll release another Untethred Jailbreak before iOS7 ..? If there's a chance of that .. I'm willing to wait ... but if not then no option ..
    PS : can i contact any member of evasion team ? if so how?

4. Auxo macrumors 6502

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You can ask @musclenerd if he plans to update redsn0w for 6.1.3 so you an tether jailbreak your IP4

6. ipawnforfun1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks i found yet another idea :p I saw that 4 can be downgraded to 6.x . can anyone help me with that? i need a jailbreak ...

----------

Dont have a twitter acc .. how else can i contact him ?

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

well make one…

Do you have blobs for 6.x?

8. ipawnforfun1 thread starter macrumors regular

Need a quick answer.. if i choose the option f erase all contents on JB iphone will it remove JB ?

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

10. Auxo macrumors 6502

Stuck? Not really.

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yes it might sent you into a boot loop

12. ivinz Suspended

You can downgrade OS back to 6.1.2 and then rejailbreak it

13. Auxo macrumors 6502

Never experienced that but okay, I'll take your word for it.

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You cant erase all content on a jb-en device as the file structure changed after the jb, it's a well know issue and is the number 1 reason people end up in a boot loop. Dozens of hits on the forum on this.

15. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Auxo, let us know when you try it some day! But, as TriJetHero said, you cannot do "Erase All Content and Settings" on a jailbroken device. Well, you can, but the end result won't be pretty.

16. ipawnforfun1 thread starter macrumors regular

BUMP BUMP BUMP :D Im happy as hell .. i remembered i has JB'ed my dad's iPhone .. he dint eve use any of JB features .. so we exchanged .. back to 6.1.2 :D

17. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

lol...have fun! :D

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good.
    Try not to update that to 6.1.3

19. captainamerica macrumors member

20. BumpyFlatline, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

+1. I give it less than a week before we start seeing all the "Help I hit erase all content and now I'm stuck!" threads haha. All those people will sadly have to restore their device.

The only times I've ever heard about it not causing a device to get stuck is when that person hit that button right after jailbreaking. I'm not even sure if this person ran Cydia the first time to create the file system. But I remember reading on this forum when someone said they didn't have to restore. If you haven't opened Cydia yet then "maybe" you could survive but I doubt it. Mostly everyone knows you can't use that button in the settings app. Who knows, maybe the person who said that was a lying troll haha.

Im glad evasion disables OTA. Not for any personal reason as I'm well aware of the rules, but for other unsuspecting people. That must suck to be forced to upgrade and lose your jailbreak. I always feel bad for them.

21. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'm sure you don't need my help but you are quite popular on this forum based off of what I see so maybe this would be helpful. You may or may not know about this but there is a tweak from cydia called "ResetAllKiller". It basically does this:
    [​IMG]

It's essentially the same as "software update killer" (which has the same function as evasi0n disabling OTA: preventing you from updating the software) but for the "settings -> general -> reset" settings

22. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Yeah, ResetAllKiller is a nice way to ensure you won't accidentally hit that button. The problem is you have to know that it is an issue in order to know to install that tweak. I would be willing to wager that practically everyone who runs into that problem has no idea that doing that on a jailbroken device can cause major problems. It's good that you brought it up though in case someone didn't know. It could help them out.

23. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

i guess you are right in that part but it's helpful if say you're helping a friend jailbreak and you don't want him/her messing with the wrong stuff but just want to give them that functionality they want (for example, they see your phone has sbsettings and they want that feature)

24. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Good point. It would definitely be one of the things that I would install if I was to jailbreak an idevice for someone else.

25. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Guys, I just tried to reset all and can confirm it fubar everything.:mad::D