Semi-White wallpaper and reading time.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gundas, Oct 21, 2013.

1. gundas macrumors newbie

Anybody else have an issue with reading time and other info at the top if you have semi-white in your wallpaper? It is unreadable and would have thought Apple would have seen this before. See attached. Is there a fix to this?

Attached Files:

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

The fix would be to add a drop shadow behind the text.

Like in the days before iOS 7.

They should really bring back the drop shadows, it really helps with readability.

I know they have tried to replace it with parallax, but it's not nearly as nice.

3. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

4. Altis macrumors 68000

That wallpaper looks like actual wallpaper! ;)

But yes, readability all over iOS 7 has become varying degrees more difficult than before.

You're going to have to choose a wallpaper that the device allows rather than the one you want.

Goes against Apple's romantic notion that devices should just work flawlessly without having to be messed with.

5. KALLT macrumors 601

There is no solution, I'm afraid. Wallpapers with a lot of contrast do not work well with iOS 7. The OS tries to pick the right colour itself, either white or black. iOS 6 has a thicker shadow behind white text, and the text itself was bold.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

And even then iOS 7 doesn't always succeed often still using white for text even when the background is quite light behind the status bar area, making it quite hard to make out much there.

7. CharismaticNerd macrumors regular

CharismaticNerd

Can you post your wallpaper?

8. gundas thread starter macrumors newbie

It is actual wallpaper, the pic was taken at a studio with my two 2 year old and 6 month old :)

----------

The pic has my kids in it since it was taken at a studio.