Sena Corsa Pouch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Atenza6, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Atenza6 macrumors member

I just got my new sena ultraslim pouch in white today and I like it. However, it is really tight to insert and to remove. I know sena says that their will be a break in period for the leather to form, but because im using it with a wrapsol skin on the back, it probably is a little tighter than what it should be. I guess I will have to see how well it breaks in. Also, I did notice that because I got a white one, it started to get a little dirty. Im guessing that after a while it will get really discolored. Anyways time will tell, but I was watching some reviews on youtube about the Sena Corsa pouch. It seems really nice now that I actually watched a video on it. I like how they give you the option to get a laser ingraving on it too. Does anyone know if this pouch is worth buying, is it better than my sena ultraslim, and will it fit with a wrapsol skin on the back of my phone?????:confused:

2. JVV33 macrumors newbie

I purchased a Sena Corsa Case in black just about a 3 weeks ago and it isn't nearly as impressive in person as it is in the photo gallery or on YouTube. I ended up returning it and sticking with my Sena Ultraslim.

The leather and stitching details of the Corsa makes it look kind of cheesy and cheap looking. The tab barely works because the case is so tight. The leather shell is made thicker so I'd imagine it offers more protection, but it's not nearly as elegant/clean and simple as the Ultraslim.

A quick & easy way to "break-in" the leather of your UltraSlim sleeve is to find a bottle or something that fits in the sleeve so as to stretch it out and leave there a little bit. I tried this and now my 3GS w/ InvisibleShield slides in and out smoothly. Cheers:)

3. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

A Sena Corsa pouch is on its way to me, and according to Fedex might actually reach me today.

All I have on the iPhone now is a Case-Mate Stealth back (essentially a black sticker).

I had a Switcheasy Capsule Rebel black for a few days, but somehow it spent 11 months on a 3G working fine but when transferred to a 3GS it immediately sagged at the bottom (the common complaint for this case). Switcheasy agreed to replace the case, but I like the bulk-free iPhone.

I'm hoping the Sena Corsa pouch works.

I'll write up the experience on deleted and report back here once I've tried this out.

4. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Okay, Sena Corsa Designer Pouch received.

First, the "Sedona" colour does not match the bright reddish-brown on their website. It's dull and brownish instead.

Second, there are tied threads near the top inside of each side that will surely scratch a phone. They scratched the foam insert packaging when I removed it! I realize this is probably handmade, and they had to tie the thread *somewhere* but really, what's the point of a very nice case which would immediately scratch an iPhone 3G/S? Obviously I won't be putting my phone in this case.

I wrote the manufacturer and will see how they respond, and post again.

5. Atenza6 thread starter macrumors member

Really

Do you mind posting some pics of what your complaining about the pouch. Thanks

6. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Will do, but won't be able to do that until tomorrow.

7. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

How the case looks on the Sena website:
    [​IMG]

How the case I received looks:
    [​IMG]

It's really hard for me to photograph how the hard, tied thread protrudes inward, and I'm not going to let my iPhone get scratched to make this point, but here is a shot of where the potentially scratching thread is that I'm talking about, and there is no way to slide a phone in or out without very hard pressure on the sides:
    [​IMG]

Sena refused my first request (replace with a non-defective case, or refund) partly since I had the case engraved. Fine, it's their policy not to replace engraved cases. But I'm asking for an engraved defective case to be replaced.

8. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

So Sena customer service has written to me to explain why the pictured case and the case I received were so different (professional photography and lighting and different batches, and so on...) and to assure me that the defect on my case is rare--and to suggest that it really won't hurt my phone.

They offered a refund, or a replacement, including engraving.

I'm wavering on taking a chance on the replacement, since I really like the style. But for sure the replacement case won't be very colourful, even if they get the inside thread part right.

Edit: I forgot the most important part. I gave them a chance to answer first, and then drew their attention to an online article. I may be overly cyncial (hah!) but I believe that's what did the trick.

9. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

I've decided to take the refund.

I decided that since the product had changed so much, from bright Sedona to that dull brownish brown colour, that even if they dealt with the thread-scratch problem, the colour problem was insurmountable--and I wasn't sure they could deal with the potential scratch problem.

10. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

A day after emailing Sena with my decision, they telephoned me, from California to Toronto, to say they had processed my refund.

I had only just returned from the post office, having couriered the case back, and was about to write them with a tracking number.

So they did this on faith.

They also offered to pay the shipping (I hadn't waited for a return label).

Even more, they offered to look for the colour of leather that I had admired so much to see if they could come up with a new and better case for me.

I am thinking that all this together goes hand in hand with why I chose the Sena case in the first place, not just that it looks so good (depending on the leather they find) but that I couldn't find negative reviews. Certainly not about their customer service.

11. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

So, the good folks at Sena, whose customer service now ranks among the great (after initially turning down my request for a return/exchange/refund), *did* go looking for brighter coloured Sedona leather among their latest shipment, and couldn't find it.

As a goodwill gesture (after already refunding my returned purchase and paying the return shipping), they offered me my next choice. I chose the Turquoise/Black Corsa Designer pouch. They fedexed it to me, it arrived today, and it truly is bright, beautiful and doesn't have the hard inside thread problem that the first case I had had.

[​IMG]

12. Stormbringer macrumors regular

So that hard-thread thing was truly a little mistake of the craftmanship. :)

How is the quality of the leather? And how do you like the case so far, is it already easier to pull out and press in the phone? You don't have a few pics of this one too? :D

13. scarly macrumors newbie

Bad experience with Sena

I am not having a particularly good experience with Sena at the moment, I bought a sena corsa case as above and it arrived in record time to Australia, but the case is defective, the cut of the leather and the stitching on the top left side is uneven so when I try to push my iphone in the volume bar catches the inside stitching.

I have contacted sena and they were happy to correspond with me via email until I queried the excess shipping cost to return the item. Now I haven't had an answer in two business days, they seem to be ignoring my emails and I need an RA no. to return the case! A defective iphone case is useless, I couldn't even resell it!

So it really does seem like sena gives special customer service to only some people some of the time!:confused:

14. ahcl20 macrumors member

I strongly advise AGAINST people getting this.

I bought this case 2 weeks ago, and I have now noticed the edges of the strip of ?ribbon that you pull to bring the phone out has scratched the bezel very badly.

The edges of the case are very sharp and rough and could scratch the phone.

Should really have stuck with the Sena Ultraslim pouch. Now I am using the PS Air Jacket.

15. ASJ macrumors newbie

Do not buy Sena Corsa Pouch

Took my Corsa pouch back to apple. The case had made vertical scratches on the silver bezel just below the round button just after a few days of use. Luckily I managed to get rid of the scratches. I replaced this with the Sena Ultraslim which hopefully will serve me better. Reported this to Sena but I am yet to receive a reply. So basically the moral is if you want to keep you new iphone nice and scratch free then avoid the SENA CORSA POUCH.

16. ahcl20 macrumors member

Exactly the problem I had with mine. I really wish that I hadn't bought the Corsa. There is no way to undo the damage now.

17. gkuburlis macrumors newbie

iphone 4

hey guys does the iphone 4 fit in this one? anyone able to take a photo or 2?

18. mgalarneau macrumors newbie

Sena Corsa case for iphone 4

Hi,

I had the same question, I emailed Sena to ask if they would be doing an iPhone 4 corsa case but they responded that it would be unlikely. I then emailed them asking if the iphone 4 would fir in the 3gs version of the case and they never responded... (I sent two emails)

I went to the apple store and tried other Sena cases designed for the ipod and iphone 3gs with my iphone 4 and it seems to fit farily well. I couldn't try the sena corsa as they did not have any in stock.

Anyways I decided to order the case from ebay as it was way cheaper, 33$ with shipping to Canada via best offer option.

I will let you know when I receive it

19. Maaz macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4 Corsa is now available for pre order im about to order it tonight.
    http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-4-cases/corsa/

20. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

21. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Can some one please post pics of the iPhone 4 Corsa case or a short review ? Thanks

22. Maaz macrumors 6502a

The tracking information actually said my order was billed so it should be arriving soon. As soon as it does I will post my impressions and post pics.

23. Maaz macrumors 6502a

So I just got the case this morning. So far it's very amazing. I cant explain how well the pull tab on the back works. Very easy to take the phone out of the case when using the pull tab, and its impossible for the phone to fall out of the case when not using the tab. Very pleased with the quality and overall design. :)