Sena Florence case received (pics)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Mar 14, 2012.

1. glen e, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

glen e macrumors 68030

All in all I'm impressed - very nice build quality and color. This is my ipad 2 that fits very well -no telling what friday will bring - all the holes match up perfectly. Very nice case for business. High quality leather and stitching. Small flap to keep closed kinda novel approach, no magnets in this one for cover on/off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

glen e - you are a serious caseaholic! This case looks nice but I've never been a fan of the kind of case that obscures the bezel - I've found that dirt/debris always collects underneath the flaps no matter how often you clean it. I'm holding off on buying any cases for now until Zum releases their new model, you sold me on that for iPad 2 and I couldn't be happier.

3. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

agreed, this is not going to be my everyday case....not wild about that either, but this will be a good case for certain business situations...cases like these are really good for legal meetings....this color and cordovan....big believer in John Mulloy's rules for dress in business...

4. knuster macrumors regular

knuster

is this the sena florence for the new ipad?
    also ordered this one but in black, with custom embossing.

i think we are going to have a problem on friday :(
    i saw a video of the new ipad yesterday from these japanese guys who already got their hands on one and here's the catch:

the rear camera position is NOT the same as on the ipad2
    and it looks like in your pictures that it lines up perfectly with the ipad2 rear camera......

i will be so pissed if sena just took ipad2 cases and rename them for the new ipad!

does the packaging mention "for the NEW ipad?

5. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

nothing on the box but receipt in box clearly says it is for "new gen 3 ipad..."

6. rgr555 macrumors 6502

not even on the SKU or bardcode sticker? that is a not a good sign. factory is packaging and making them as same ipad 2 case then.

7. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

absolutely nothing on box....nice packaging, not just a blank box...I really don't care about the cam - I don't think I've ever taken a pic with the ipad....but will return it if the ipad 3 controls and features don't match up. This looks to be a perfect situation of what I have written about in other threads here - it behooves some case makers to post they are "ipad3 ready" when they have not even seen a ipad 3 yet....trying to cash in on the wave of demand...stay tuned.

8. Farrellcollie, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I have that same case for ipad2. I just got a used one from amazon a few days ago ($43 and free shipping and it looks completely unused). There are actually magnets in the cover to turn it on and off on mine - just that the magnet is sort of light and you really have to have it lined up carefully and pressed down to have it turn the ipad off and putting the cover edge in the little flap is kind of challenging still - I think I have just not gotten used to it. It was a complaint on Ilounge and in some of the comments about how the magnetic smart cover part was tricky. I love the leather quality and it is getting broken in now so smart cover is working better.
    It is a lot lighter in weight and thinner than my maroo covers (which I use at home because of extra padding and kids usage and the kids gave me the maroo - so I have to use it with them even if the ipad was not safer too)

9. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

thank you - if I push I can get the magnets to work....very small...

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

That's what I don't like about this case / these case types. that aside looks like great quality.