Sena IP5 UltraSlim Access case (w/ charge port opening)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rperalta, Oct 5, 2012.

1. rperalta, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

rperalta macrumors 6502

I just ordered the black color. I love the idea of charging my iPhone 5 without removing it from the case. I think minimalist or naked iPhone 5 owners will like this case, that's why I'm posting this. So here's the link:
    http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/ultraslim/

2. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I put my iPhone in with the charging port facing out so the charging port access is not necessary. Neat idea though.

Does anyone know if the iPhone will fit this pouch with clear-coat front and back protection?

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I LOATHE the charging port. I ordered it pre-order and it arrived, I hate it. I've had 6 Sena Ultraslims but hate this one. Talked to Sena yesterday and they had so many complaints that they decided to bring back the hole-less model, and they're replacing mine.

the hole defeats the purpose of the Ultraslim case.

4. No Regrets macrumors regular

Please forgive my ignorance, but in what way does the hole defeat the purpose of the Ultraslim?

My only thought is that the hole on the bottom would allow more dust, dirt, or debris to enter the case and scratch the phone....is this what you are thinking.

Also, wouldn't the hole on the bottom be redundant when you can just as easily insert the phone up side down if needed to be charged, etc?

Thank you for helping me understand.

5. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

Easier to push out the phone for quick access.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. No Regrets macrumors regular

I was just on the Sena site and saw the newly designed sleeve sans bottom port hole. Here is the link http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/ultraslim-sarach/

Looks sharp with the hand sticking, but now is more expensive than the ultra slim with charging port. http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/ultraslim/#

What do you all think? Pros/Cons?

----------

Nice Phots by the way! I can see how the hole would make it easier to push the phone out of the case.

I'm torn as to which way to go.....

7. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

My friend has the Sarach UltraSlim for his iP4s and it looks real nice. I actually pre-ordered a red UltraSlim Classic (no charging port hole) as an alternate pouch to use depending on my mood. Can't go wrong with any of the Sena pouches. Nice and soft napa leather. Snug fit and easy access after leather break-in.

8. No Regrets macrumors regular

Thank you for the quick reply! Do you happen to know if both the Sarach and the Classic have the soft velvet insides? It doesn't mention on the website for the Sarach.

Thanks again.

9. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

The iP4 Sarach UltraSlim has micro velvet lining so they are probably doing the same for the iP5 sarach.

10. No Regrets macrumors regular

That sounds good....I would hope that would be the case. Thanks again, you have been very helpful.

11. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Let me simplify. If you wear a SHOE, it protects your FEET from DIRT. If you wear a SANDAL, it allows the DIRT to get on your FEET. Got it now? Not sure how you fail to understand how having a gaping hole at the bottom charge\sync port could defeat the purpose of a PROTECTION CASE system, hehe. Especially given your sentence acknowledging that you realize dust, dirt, and debris would be allowed in through the hole.

----------

I'm a 4 year Sena user. I bought both with and without the port. Ended up returning the one with the port opening. It's just strange. When I had a Samsung Galaxy S 2, it might have been useful since the thing constantly needed charging, but with an iPhone 5, having a hole at the bottom makes it look cheap and gimmicky and takes away the entire reason I own the case (to protect the bottom of the phone). The UltraSlim classic is perfect for my needs. The black on my white iPhone 5 looks great and fits perfect and allows me to keep my phone nekked.

12. No Regrets macrumors regular

Thank you for adding these additional comments and I would agree with you 100%!