Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Sena UltraSlim Classic for the iPhone 6 Plus. Feels like quality, soft supple leather, nice packaging with a drawstring pouch included.

Got questions? Ask away.

15484758526_0a50f621fa_c.jpg

15484754616_f89d9c7e4f_c.jpg

15507531292_7602ccc87e_c.jpg

15321233858_b2a2b6facc_c.jpg

15321335737_1810fbbf57_c.jpg

15331229408_e9faf80689_c.jpg

15514724001_a3f6deba60_c.jpg

Last edited:

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Heritage Ultraslim in cognac. Big fan of Sena, been using them for years. Great quality product!

Attachments

• Sena 1.jpg
    Sena 1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 269

ant69

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
Sena UltraSlim Classic for the iPhone 6 Plus. Feels like quality, soft supple leather, nice packaging with a drawstring pouch included.

Got questions? Ask away.

Is it easy to slide the iPhone out? or do you have to push up from the bottom? Thanks.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Right now it's brand new, so I have to squeeze the bottom to slide it out. I expect it to loosen up a bit as it wears in.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Would it work with skin like BSE?

BTW whats going on inside this pouch? what material is it? i would love to see some pics

Yes, it should work fine with a full body skin like BSE or Ghost Armor. The inside is lined with red microsuede, and is very soft to the touch.

15331229408_e9faf80689_c.jpg

15514724001_a3f6deba60_c.jpg

mgb1120

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012

I received my package yesterday from Sena Fedex home delivery, package was partially opened and only the sena box was in the package! Apparently someone at fedex has a nice sena ultra slim case, wasn't stolen at the door, as soon as they rang the doorbell I got the package as soon as the truck drove off. called fedex and calling sena tomorrow morning. Upset. I hope sena will cover it.

h.Matt

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
I received my package yesterday from Sena Fedex home delivery, package was partially opened and only the sena box was in the package! Apparently someone at fedex has a nice sena ultra slim case, wasn't stolen at the door, as soon as they rang the doorbell I got the package as soon as the truck drove off. called fedex and calling sena tomorrow morning. Upset. I hope sena will cover it.

i don't want to think how that "someone at fedex" got his new iphone.

i'm sure it will be fine - good luck!

wdb?

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
sena as always very tight and later you got scratches on the sides

P:S was my experience with iP5s

h.Matt

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
Yes, it should work fine with a full body skin like BSE or Ghost Armor. The inside is lined with red microsuede, and is very soft to the touch.

Another question - since it's a leather case and the bottom of it isn't open, you still can hear the iPhone ring normally or its killing the speaker?

Just for a case, if I would like to put the iPhone when the side with the speaker at the top, would it work? It still fits good?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Another question - since it's a leather case and the bottom of it isn't open, you still can hear the iPhone ring normally or its killing the speaker?

Just for a case, if I would like to put the iPhone when the side with the speaker at the top, would it work? It still fits good?

That's how I've always done it is slide it in with speaker up so you can also listen to music.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there

It does muffle the speaker down quite a bit. The iPhone fits in fine either way, so speaker at the top would keep the volume level up.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Wow that looks awesome! Makes the iphone 6 look sexy as well.

One thing I never understood is, what is the point of a pouch? Doesnt it make it more cumbersome in the way that you way to actually take it out your pocket THEN take it out of the sleeve to do anything?

Dechter

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2010
Nice. I ordered the heritage version and it's supposed to be here this week.

I had a Sena Ultraslim that I used for my iPhone (2007-2009), then iPhone 3GS (2009-2010), then iPhone 4 (2010-2012). I finally had to get another case for the iPhone 5, but I still have that Ultraslim case. It was my daily carry for 5+ years, so they hold up very well.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
The problem with cases like this (based on personal experience) is that you usually drop the phone during the "pull out" (no pun intended) phase from the case or the pocket.

So as much as I like cases like this, if I have to pull it out of my pocket then finally put out the phone from the case I feel like I'm just increase the chances of my mishap, twice likely to drop it. Just sharing some experiences here.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Nice. I ordered the heritage version and it's supposed to be here this week.

I had a Sena Ultraslim that I used for my iPhone (2007-2009), then iPhone 3GS (2009-2010), then iPhone 4 (2010-2012). I finally had to get another case for the iPhone 5, but I still have that Ultraslim case. It was my daily carry for 5+ years, so they hold up very well.

I second that! They've always outlasted my phone.

The problem with cases like this (based on personal experience) is that you usually drop the phone during the "pull out" (no pun intended) phase from the case or the pocket.

So as much as I like cases like this, if I have to pull it out of my pocket then finally put out the phone from the case I feel like I'm just increase the chances of my mishap, twice likely to drop it. Just sharing some experiences here.

Been using them since the 3G and luckily I've never dropped it. The only damage I've ever had to my phones is when I've tried to use hard cases which always ended up scratching the phone.

MarcoCapa

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
Very interesting! But does the bottom stitching scratches the phone?
What is the thickness and the weight of the phone with the sleeve on?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

I think they're OK with the previous iPhone models which were smaller in size especially the 4 and 5 series phones which were also easier to grip on their own. I've used such cases with the 4, 4S and 5 when I had those. With the design and size of the 6 and especially the 6 Plus these slip cases and pouches are just asking for trouble and as much as I like them I think they're too risky.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
So I've always purchased the classic but this time I have the Heritage.

The heritage fits loosely but perfectly. The classic was just too tight. Have others found the same?

Piyo

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014

Ikonic Edge make very similar looking leather pouches with speaker holes punched in the bottom. They do sell for a bit more than Sena and don't have the more colourful options (limited to tan, dark brown, black or white) but if being able to hear the speakers while in the pouch is a genuine concern it'd be worth looking in to. I wrote a quick review of mine over here.

I've never owned a Sena so I can't compare the quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.