Sena Ultraslim Heritage Sleeve

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stcizzle, Jan 12, 2015.

1. stcizzle macrumors regular

Don't think anyone's posted this particular version yet, but I highly prefer the tumbled leather to the classic ultraslims. Seems a lot softer and adds more character. I was using the apple leather case, still will when I need the extra protection, but I really prefer this thing caseless. I wouldn't be able to use it caseless without the Zagg on the back though. Adds just enough grip so it doesn't feel like I'm gunna drop it.

(Zagg glass screen protector, Zagg invisible shield on the back)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry not the best pics. Took them in the car with my wife's 6+

2. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Yeah I started a thread.... No one cared though. I like mine. Use it every day. I have the Tech21 impact shield with self heal and Ghost Armour on the back.

Attached Files:

3. esfrost macrumors member

I'm a very very big fan of leather sleeves, been using them for more than 5 years now. I tried different kinds of sleeve, one of the best was from the www.icaseleather.com. Unfortunately they don't have cases for the iphone 6 or 6+ just yet, they should release them in the following couple of weeks, or days (hopefully).

My only problem with the slimmest leather sleeves is that if they have the stitches inside of the case, than they will polish-up the sides of the phone. After a year of use, or after 2 years of use they are pretty visible and very annoying.

4. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

I had the stitching/polishing problem on the 4/5 almost immediately, not on the 6 tho. I think whatever they used to anodize this time around is a lot better.

I never saw the post of your!? I even did a search, and came up with no results, weird.

5. esfrost macrumors member

I'd more than happy to think that the current anodization on the i6 would hold up against the stiches.

How long have you been using your i6 with a case like that?

6. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Only about a monthish, but I'm pretty confident the new aluminum is far superior to old band around the ip4&5s

7. esfrost macrumors member

Thanks for the answer! Sounds great, i might consider getting one of these Senas, they look great.

8. simplicityaudio macrumors newbie

Thumbs up Heritage, Thumbs down Ellie

Bought this case directly from Sena (Ultraslim Ellie Case)
    I have been buying Sena cases for years now, this was actually my 4th and most recent purchase, and it's the worst I have seen from them.
    The stitching on the sides of the case were bent and it protruded too much on the inside of the case, so much so that it toggles my silent switch on its own. There were times that I would put my phone on silent and it will ring loudly in a meeting because the case inner stitching toggled the switch.
    I emailed Sena about the case and sent them pics, but they blamed the fact that I had 4 business cards in the pouch for the warped case but I assure you I received the case like this. So also note that they recommend only holding 1 card in the pouch.
    Another Issue is that the phone sticks out the top, it was not a perfect fit at all, their response to that was that I should keep pressing down on the phone and it will stretch the case over time, enough to cover the entire phone. So until the case stretches out, part of my phone is unprotected.

I'm sorry Sena, you lost a loyal customer, mainly because you made excuses rather than dealing with your defective case, and especially since I bought a case from Snugg which was cheaper, fit perfectly and had the same functionality as the Ellie case.