Sena UltraSlim Pouch case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Trojita, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Trojita macrumors member

I was thinking about getting this case for my iPod Touch Gen 3.

I was looking at this case because I like using pouches on devices like the pouch that came with my original psp which I use to store my PSP-2000. It is easy to get it in and out and I can use a device without the cumbersome aspect of having a case over it.

Anyone have experience with this case and whether they would recommend it or not? I decided against getting the corsa since I heard there was some problems with them scratching the casing.

I just recently had to buy a Scosche adapter for my iPod Touch as well since I can't use my Gen 3 iPod Touch in my cars iPod Adaptor like my Classic would since apple removed support for firewire charging without telling anyone.

2. sjdigital macrumors regular

I've used one of these for my iPhone for over a year now and I'm very pleased with it. It adds almost nothing to the size of the phone so you can easily carry it in a shirt pocket. Once the leather softens up a bit it's easy to just squeeze the end of the case and the phone slides out. This makes it very convenient to keep it protected in your pocket but able to use the phone or slip the phone into docking device without any hassle. And it hasn't marked the phone in any way.

3. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

I own a UltraSlim (white one), too. Highly recommended, quality leather and manufacturing. It's a very nice sleeve, you won't be disappointed. You may find a short review of the white Sena UltraSlim on my blog, sorry italian language hope you enjoy the pictures :)

4. JadedBen macrumors regular

I'll have to pretty much echo sjdigital here, i've also had mine for a year or so and it's great, wouldn't choose anything else tbh. I just hope the next iphone isn't any bigger so i can still use it, lol.

5. ihonda macrumors 68000

how has the white held up? does it stain easily? ive always wanted a white pouch

6. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

the white one is very nice and elegant but easily get dirty, I do not use it on a daily basis but the keep for special occasions :)

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

oh, makes sense. i have a black ikonic edge superslim right now but id like a white one! shame its not coated to resist some stains

8. Alasta macrumors regular

Alasta

I agree with the above. I ordered one along with my iPhone which I got this week, and it's a discreet and functional case which is convenient to use and appears to be made of quality material.

If you end up buying one there is a little slip of paper included with instructions showing the correct technique for removing the device from the case, and it's a good idea to read it so that you don't risk dropping your device while removing it from the case.

9. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

One thing you should now about the Sena UltraSlim cases (I've had 3 of them now) - they seem to have a tendency to "de-laminate" or separate along the top edges. My latest case has started doing this after about 6 months of use. It's an easy fix - a tiny drop of contact adhesive fixes it - but it is an issue to consider.

10. sjdigital macrumors regular

Yes, I never thought to mention this in my earlier post but I've had the same experience. No big deal - it just requires a bit of adhesive as ksmith80209 says. I've had to do this twice in just over a year but it's a small inconvenience for what is, otherwise, an excellent case.

Edit: I just had a look at the senacase web site and see that the ultra slim case now has a stiching along the opening, presumably to overcome the problem of the lining coming away from the leather.