Sena Ultraslim Pouch (It's Great)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Island Dog, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I received my Ultraslim pouch from Sena a few days ago, and while I didn't want a full case that is always on, this pouch is perfect for when I want some extra protection for my iPhone.

My Sena Pouch

:)

2. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

ah, you beat me to it, I just ordered mine a few minutes ago. The black said it was out of stock, but its not! They have only a few left and the lady was nice enough to make sure I got one.

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Wow. I'd love something like this. However, it's leather. I'm vegetarian.

Has anyone seen a pouch that is of a man made material? Thanks!!!

4. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Maybe you can try one of these, I don't think they are leather, but you might want to look into it more.

But why do you care? I know you're a vegetarian, but its not like you're eating the case...are you? :rolleyes:

http://www.myincipio.com/product/IPHONE_CASE_IPH-123

5. carman63 macrumors regular

Vegetarian or vegan? I thought the difference was not eating meat vs using NO product made of animal (food, leather, etc).

6. carman63 macrumors regular

I've had mine for a while now. It does loosen up a little. Great protection, the price was right too :)

7. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

no, vegetarians don't eat meat. Vegans don't eat meat or consume anything by an animal, ie milk, eggs, pigs feet, etc.

8. carman63 macrumors regular

I think I covered it with 'no product made from animal' ;)

9. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

too lazy to link it for you, but if you follow the incipio link someone gave you above theres another one for an incipio "eco case" thats made of canvas. no leather, not quite as sleek as the sena but still pretty good.

ultrasuede is leather based too, right? otherwise sfbags.com has a nice, cheap, thin carry case too.

10. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

11. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Show off! ;-)

I had looked at that case but the style didnt do it for me. I won a drawing for a coupon from one of the many iPhone websites, and was able to get an Orion case, which I use more than any others. I would assume the Eco case to be about equal in quality/use.

12. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

I was going to buy that case, how do you like it? Looks pretty nice. The only thing I didn't like was I heard you have to clip off the tag inside (why would you put that there!). And the string (quick release thingie) might scratch the phone. Even though I'd probably doubt it.

But for me it was a toss up, until I got a coupon from Sena:D

13. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

i like it a lot. So far i have not seen any damage due to the pull tab but I use a power support screen protector, and the tag seemed soft enough to be a non issue. I thought fumbling with the case would be awkward and just planned on using it for bag riding time, but I even use it when it is dropped into my pocket. The pulltab removal becomes second nature right away. On the other hand I am sure the sena has much higher quality material.

14. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Thanks for the review, do you have any pictures? the guy up top only posted one. I'd like to see more considering the ones on the net are just models or computer images or whatever.

15. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Batteries in my camera are dead, I will try to post some tonight or tomorrow.

16. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

appreciate it and I look forward to them.

17. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

OK, here are some pics of the Orion case. Sorry for the poor quality, I couldnt find batteries and had to use my isight and photo booth. I used a paper towel as background because as you can see in some shots my living room is beige and green, so the blue case would blend in too much.

Let me know if you have any questions about the case, hope the pics help.

Attached Files:

18. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

wow! that thing is BLUE! But it looks nice, thanks for the photos. Appreciate it. Might get one, we'll see how the Sena looks

19. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

yes it is bright. But it looks more muted and less shocking in person. I feel comfortable using it around my office. It is unique but still professional.

20. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

just got my Sena Ultraslim in today, and I have to say, thus far, I think its great for what I want. Anyone looking for a slip case, this is worth it.

21. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

now, it isnt the ultraslim, but has anyone tried the sena dockable case yet?

22. IcioMarmellaton macrumors newbie

Ahahah you killing me *****, never lol'd this much in my life. Boy where does stupidity end?