Sena UltraSlim vs ZAGG invisibleSHIELD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SanderH, Jul 12, 2010.

1. SanderH macrumors member

Since my iPhone 4 should be arriving in a couple of weeks I've been looking at some cases.

I still have a trauma from when I scratched my iPod Touch so I definitely do not want to scratch a phone which is this expensive. Still I just can not decide on what case to buy. Since I don't want any hard shell cases I've narrowed it down to 2 cases.

This Sena UltraSlim "pouch" and the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD.

The Sena case seems nice, easy and even stylish but I'm a bit afraid I will still get some scratches on my screen because you have to constantly get it out of / put it in the pouch.

The invisibleSHIELD on the other hand would be pretty much invisible (duh) and offer a great protection at the same time. I've been watching some videos and it's quite a hassle to get it right. And since I'm probably not that handy I'm a bit afraid I will mess it up. But still, I would be 100 % certain my screen does not get scratched at all.

Please give me some advice and share your experiences!

2. re2st macrumors regular

I had Sena ultra-slim on my 3GS, and that's the best. See, I do NOT want to cover the beauty of iPhone whatsoever. Ultra-slim is perfect for when I put it in my pocket (it protects both front and back0 while at the same time I'm still able to show-off my beautiful iPhone when I'm using it.

With iPhone 4, however, I went with the shield (except that I got the Wrapsol, with wet application) plus the bumper from Apple. I think it's a perfect combination. You get the front and back protected (with amazing matte, soft-touch in the back), and you have the workaround to that infamous antenna issue.

It really is not that hard to apply. Pretty simple.

3. BurningJah macrumors regular

So I bought the invisishield with a 50% discount and choose for the full body protection!
    I know they are a hassle to apply but for a beautifull device like this you want the best protection you can get.
    You said you aren't that handy but If you just take your time with applying and follow the instructions everythink will just come out great!
    Like my iphone did

The invisibleshield is also wet application! you have to spray it wet on both sides! so your Iphone and your shield

4. rohit6060 macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I'm planning to buy a skin for ipod touch 4(whenever I get it).I've had a 1st gen touch for 2 years and I know how it scratches,specially the back.I'm considering 4 diff. manufacturers. Gadgetshieldz,bestskinsever,bodyguardz & zagg.
    I don't mind how complicated the process is,I'll manage putting it on..
    I have following 2 major consideration:
    1.It should be absolutely clear and invisible.I don't want to mess around with all these pixels I'm paying for...
    2.I really love these glass displays in all of apple multitouch devices.Hence the skin should give least of that rubber like feel and more like original.
    I would seriously appreciate comments from people who have used either all or most of them...
    I'm considering 1 more option.If I put the skin only on the back and go for a pouch smthng like zagg ultraslim..Will that be a good option?Can all these pouches really be sufficient to protect the screen?
    rohit6060 is offline Reply With Quote

5. speedemn macrumors newbie

I was looking feedback similar to this for use of a Sena ultra slim pouch ... however ALSO along with having the ZAGG Invisible Shield on the phone - seems like the best option for the best of both worlds - get the protection for the phone with the ZAGG when in use and have a nice pouch to carry it in for added protection when not in use.

I have actually ordered the ZAGG invisible shield maximum which also includes edge protection for my iPhone 4.

Would anyone here happen to have an idea if there would be a risk of the ZAGG invisible shield especially on the edges peeling back over time from taking it in an out of the Sena UltraSlim pouch?