Send a Fax via Verizon KRZR (Leopard)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by russell.h, Jan 12, 2008.

1. russell.h macrumors regular

I'm just posting this because its so ridiculously cool. I wanted to send a fax, but I have no fax machine, and wasn't especially interested in using one of those ad supported internet services (I'm trying to fax my Senator).

Heres all I had to do:

1. Set the phone (A verizon KRZR - I think your cell carrier has to support this, but evidently Verizon, for one, does) up to allow the computer to access it via bluetooth (I forget exactly how to do this, I did it a long time ago).

2. In Leopard go to Preferences > Print & Fax, and hit the little plus button at the bottom of the list.

3. Go to the fax tab. My phone showed up as "MotorolaPhone-Dial-UpNe-1". Select the phone and hit add.

4. Open the document you want to print, go to File > Print, select your phone from the list of printers, and put in the number you want to fax it to. Hit print.

It took about a minute and a half to send the fax, but my first fax I just sent to my house and I've confirmed that they received it just fine.

Very neat stuff.

2. BYUFlyr macrumors newbie

Has anyone else used this service? I have an LG VX8550 and had my bluetooth fax working seamlessly with Mac OS 10.5.5 until yesterday. Did I mess something up on my system settings or did Verizon place yet another block on their users' capabilities? Is anyone else experiencing problems?