Send a regular email from iPhoto- iLife 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Learjet035, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

I used to click a pic and then click the email button at the bottom of iPhoto.

Mac mail would open and I could compose a regular email.

Now I can only choose the cute options, which have no room for any significant text. I realize I can drag and drop, but was wondering if I'm missing something.

I'd be surprised if they removed a regular send version with no fancy stuff.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

No longer possible.

They did:(

I'd suggest giving Apple feedback on this issue, I have.

3. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Why do they always take stuff away when adding stuff?
    Not everyone wants to sent a 2 sentence note with a pic.

I am constantly sending 1 pic with large text emails, wtf?

4. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jeeez not to mention it takes forever to send using that option on my brand new 27" imac with nothing else running with rad internet speed.

5. belltree macrumors 6502

Indeed, you cannot send a simple mail without using iPhoto 11's HTML templates. Give this a read. I am glad I held off on picking up iLife'11 today at the store. I will be passing on it since having heard this.

Newer isn't always better. Especially with Apple it seems.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It may not be the option you're looking for, but you can always start the message within Mail, and add the photos from the Media Browser quite easily. It's direct access to your iPhoto library, so no mucking around with files or making duplicates. Just a bit different workflow. Might be a worthwhile workaround for now.

jW

7. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, just a drag to the dock and drop on the Mail app will export and then I can select "size" but I'm still amazed that you cannot just choose a basic export like before.
    Not everyone wants to send a "themed" email

8. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

thanks for bringing that up. This is a no go for me. I don't want cute emails. And going back to drag and drop is not that bad but why would I PAY for that?

9. Tim Lawson macrumors newbie

My thoughts exactly!

10. Tim Lawson macrumors newbie

And furthermore!...

When checking the box that says "Attach photos to message" when emailing photos, if I send more than one, the recipient still only receives the template. By this I mean that this 'feature' only works when sending one picture. Laughable if it weren't so frustrating. I haven't spent my money to be a public beta-tester. I'm going to complain (vociferously) to Apple.

Update: Since my original message, I have been able to pin this issue on iPhoto Library Manager (see http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/). iPhoto seems to work exactly as expected in this regard if launched directly. This is currently not the case if iPhoto is launched from within iPLM. Brian Webster, iPLM's extremely attentive dev., released an interim version to provide users of his excellent software with basic functionality within 48 hours of Apple releasing iLife '11 . I have emailed him to appraise him of the situation I initially laid at Apple's door (humble apologies to Apple, whom I had fortunately not contacted! :eek:) and I have every confidence that Brian will be able to correct this behaviour.

11. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

There's also a hard 10-image limit for some odd reason. :confused: