Send a SMS message via PHP/ Javascript from your page.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Dal123, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I know it's possible to send a SMS message from your webpage, I think it's PHP and maybe it's possible in Javascript too.
    Often some text messages from companies do not have the senders number but something like "Reebok' or 'Nike'. So how can you do this? I wonder if you can send from you're email with web host so it comes up with your company name?
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?:) Just ordered a book on php as I know absolutely nothing :eek:.

2. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

PHP sendmail to:

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
    Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com
    Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com
    Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
    Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

Just have a thing to select the carrier

3. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks for your input there dmm, I'm gonna look into this :). I need the customers to put their number in via 'dynamic text' then i imagine I need to use some sort of interactive code to get that number then send the message hopefully from my web hosting email so it shows up as 'Precise Fomwork' instead of an unprofessional number.
    Thanks for input :).

4. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Example to send email with PHP

Code:
    <?php
    $to = "recipient@example.com";
    $subject = "Hi!";
    $body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";
    if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
      echo("<p>Message successfully sent!</p>");
     } else {
      echo("<p>Message delivery failed...</p>");
     }
    ?>

5. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

6. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Thanks for input people :). I don't know php and I'm going to order a book on it. I imagine it's going to be pretty hard work :eek:.
    What I want is to have a site where they put their number requesting a call back. I want them to receive a text message then (Where the sender number is visible as 'Precise Formwork' not a number) Saying "We have received your invitation to Tender and will be calling you today to discuss in further detail". What would be great would be a text message to me notifiying me the 'number' that has requested a callback. Would be so professional if I could call them back fairly soon. It's hard as I'm on building sites and all over the place. Is this possible? I imagine it would be fairly complex but I'll give myself about six months to learn this. Everything takes time :) and money and at the moment don't have too much money so I'll have to go with the time :). Thanks .:D