Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
i am on Beta 6 iOS 7. when i send someone an iMessage its sent. after being sent if i want to send it as a text message what should i do? i cant get this option by selecting the message unlike previous iOS version. looking for help. thanks

andijames

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Manchester, UK
You should just be able to hold your finger down on the message and there's an option to send as text message.

The one thing i've noticed on Beta 6 is it doesn't automatically send as a text message anymore if it's undeliverable for a certain period of time over iMessage. Hope this is just a bug.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
You should just be able to hold your finger down on the message and there's an option to send as text message.

The one thing i've noticed on Beta 6 is it doesn't automatically send as a text message anymore if it's undeliverable for a certain period of time over iMessage. Hope this is just a bug.

thats the only option you get when the imessage is being sent. if the imessage is sent then you dont get that option.

andijames

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Manchester, UK
thats the only option you get when the imessage is being sent. if the imessage is sent then you dont get that option.

Which makes sense.. if it has already been sent then why would you need to re-send it through as a text? The only real reason you need to send it as text is when for whatever reason iMessage isn't working (no data connection etc).

If you want to re-send it as text you can always choose 'copy' and paste it into the message box.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Yes I hate this too... In the past, didn't we just had to hold the send button till it turns green?

In iOS 6, you have to long-press the message itself and it will give the option to "Sent as Text Message".

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Which makes sense.. if it has already been sent then why would you need to re-send it through as a text? The only real reason you need to send it as text is when for whatever reason iMessage isn't working (no data connection etc).

If you want to re-send it as text you can always choose 'copy' and paste it into the message box.

And then again imessage is sent. Go on and try.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
What's the way to send a regular message? When I add a contact to a message it automatically go for iMessage? I hate always sending a iMessage because some don't have internet connection don't get my message until when they get WiFi which might be awhile.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What's the way to send a regular message? When I add a contact to a message it automatically go for iMessage? I hate always sending a iMessage because some don't have internet connection don't get my message until when they get WiFi which might be awhile.
Wouldn't they have a data connection through their cell connection and get it that way?

That said, you can long press on a message, select More and then select the option to Send as Text Message to force it to go through as a text message.

imaginex20

macrumors 65832
Jun 17, 2009
where are you guys getting the option to send as text message under "more"? When i press the "forward" button all I am allowed to do is type in a another person's contact to forward to.

Purex

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2013

The way to send a regular SMS threw the carrier, all the time , is to disable iMessage in Settings.
OR... U can disable Wifi and Cellular Data. That way it will be sent as a normal SMS for sure.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
where are you guys getting the option to send as text message under "more"? When i press the "forward" button all I am allowed to do is type in a another person's contact to forward to.
You need to long press on an iMessage that hasn't been delivered yet and at that point you'll see that option under "More..."

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
nope it doesnt give that option.
Just used it again and it's actually even simpler than that: for an iMessage that hasn't been delivered yet just long press on it and one of the options that will be there will be to Send as Text Message (without even using "More..." or anything like that).

Last edited:

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Just used it again and it's actually even simpler than that: for an iMessage that want delivered yet just long press on it and one of the options that will be there will be to Send as Text Message (without even using "More..." or anything like that).

let me restore my phone and see do i get this option or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.