Send as text message

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by missamr, Oct 2, 2013.

1. missamr macrumors newbie

hi all

No doubt this has been answered a million times before but i have tried searching and I cant find the answer.

Sometimes when i send a message and it goes through as an iMessage, every now and then it takes a while to "deliver". In iOS6 you could double tap the message and choose to send as a text message. I no longer have this option. I have checked my settings and "send as text" is toggled to on.

In iOS7 are we just suppose to wait until it decides to send as a text or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

You can long press and then press send as text. I've had to do this occasionally on 7.0.2 since there is an iMessage issue in this build.

3. missamr thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. It must be because it had delivered by the time that i pressed it to send as text message. im sure in ios6 you could still send as text message even once it had sent?

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

That appears to be the case. I tried sending as text on an already delivered message but the option wasn't there. However, I don't recall if I ever could do that on iOS 6 for sure anyway.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

As I recall you can only send as text before an iMessage was actually delivered (after that there's no real point to do it, generally speaking).

6. missamr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for trying. Confirms that i wasnt going mad. I will get a friend to try it on their phone with iOS6.

I cant remember if i did or didnt once it had already sent as an imessage, but i think i did. Memory span of a gold fish.

7. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Not just this build. I'm still on iOS 7 beta 6 and it's happening.

(For those of you who don't understand why I'm still on beta, I've been too lazy to deal with plugging my phone in to restore and get GM).

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Keep in mind that you only have a few days at the most left to be on beta at this point.

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Beta 6 expires in 3 days..might want to get on that.

10. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I had no idea. Thank you for letting me know. What happens when the beta expires? My iMac that I restore from is a bit corrupted which has made the process pretty painful.

11. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Your phone will turn into an expensive paperweight until you restore it.

12. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

Having issues here as well. I reset network settings and everything's good for a day or two then the issue returns.

As others have noted, you can press/hold and select the send as text. Once it's been sent, only thing you can do really is press/hold and "forward" to the same person if you are too lazy to re-type it, or if it's a long text or photo.