Send files from my I-Phone to my Comp wirelessly

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bturgan, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bturgan macrumors member

bturgan

Hi,

Does anyone know how to send files from my I-Phone to my Comp. wirelessly? I tried Air Share but i cant add my photos to its folder. I could only send files from my comp to my I-Phone to view !

Thanks,

Berke

2. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

DataCase, by far tthe best one to me, it's 6.99, but it's really nice. There's a review on my site

Zym

3. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

4. bturgan thread starter macrumors member

bturgan

datacase and dropcopy looks great thank you,

but will I be able to send files from my iphone to my computer like pics most importantly so that i dont need to connect with the cable every time.

Because i could not see, that is mentioned in these apps?

5. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Unfortunately, there's no app that will copy files from other parts of the phone (Pictures *though some might allow you to move the preview of pictures already taken but not full sized pictures*, Music Files, etc...) to your computer.

Each application lives in it's own little eco system and cannot see the rest of the phone's file system. so drop case and the likes will allow you to copy files to your phone and back, but you won't be able to move files from other parts of the phone.

6. bturgan thread starter macrumors member

bturgan

thats sad to hear that :(

hopefully we can see that type of app. in future.

thanks for all the help !

7. ecume macrumors newbie

DropCopy can access the entire filesystem

actually dropcopy can do this. When you launch the app you double-tap in the bottom left of the screen above the menu bar and it brings up a shortcuts menu. One of the options is the photos folder (called DCIM, think) which lets you then send the full-res images to your computer.

8. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I would think that would go againts the API, it shouldn't be allowed to touch the full sized images, as far as I know.

Of course I could be totally wrong.