Send in defective iPad or take it in??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LDTaylor85, Jul 6, 2011.

1. LDTaylor85 macrumors member

I've been having trouble with my iPad 2 not rotating when I turn it, I spoke to someone with apple care and they gave me the okay so send it to them via ups. I'm a 100 miles away from my nearest Apple store and I was wondering if anyone here has used ups to send their iPad in for replacement. Will it be overnighted to them or am I better off just walking into the store and getting my iPad replaced?? Also will they show any compassion in the store when I tell them I wasted my 30 dollar skin that I had to take off??

2. taipan61 macrumors 6502

Last time I talked to anyone on phone for support (iPad 1 home button was faulty) they gave the ok to send it in and then they sent a box to me (empty of course:() for the return. Nearest Apple store is around 250 miles, so I would call support back and ask for a return box.
    Of course if you take it in they may just exchange it, so it may be worth the trip.

3. jake4ever macrumors regular

Yeah, it might be worth the trip... They show a lot more compassion then AppleCare.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

At the Apple Store I worked in, there was nothing they could do (other than apologize) in regards to 'wasted skins'.

If you choose the Apple Store route, make sure to make an online Genius Bar reservation before you go. IMO, never "just walk in" for the Genius Bar, unless you're OK with the potential of waiting hours before you are seen! :eek:

5. Cosmo Kramer macrumors member

I sent mine in twice, once for back light bleeding and then again due to the replacement having multiple dead pixels. In order from them to ship you a new iPad overnight and once you get it ship your old one back they have to put a charge on your credit card until they received the old one. They do ship them very fast I had my replacement within 2 days and they had the old one within two days so my credit card charge was gone by the end of the week. But now my problem is that my third iPad has dust trapped under the screen and is getting worse, but im going to Chicago in two weeks and I plan to stop by the apple store and see what they can do.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Get it done in one day or wait weeks. Which sounds better?

Drive to Apple store.

7. 184550 Guest

Personally, I'd prefer to do it in store. Just try to enjoy it make a day of it.

8. LDTaylor85 thread starter macrumors member