'Send Link' Hotkey In Firefox Through Quicksilver?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chkdg8, Jan 24, 2009.

1. chkdg8 macrumors 6502

Since there is no native keyboard shortcut in Firefox to Mail Contents of This Page (command-i) or Mail Link to This Page (shift-command-i) like it's available in Safari, is there a way to set triggers in Quicksilver to substitute those needs?

2. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

cmd+\ gets the current object, so if you are in Firefox, it would be cmd+l (which highlights the address url), then cmd+\, tab, start to type Email To/Compose (or whatever you prefer to use) and then tab again to a name in your address book. Not exactly one trigger, but it takes just a few seconds to do. A lot quicker than typing it =]

My QS Fu is not that strong, so someone may have a quicker way.

3. chkdg8 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, it's cmd-L that highlights the url in Firefox. After that, I'm a little stuck with your suggestion. Thank you though.

4. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

That's what I typed, just in lower case (as you don't use cmd+shift+l).

I thought as you used Quicksilver you may be familiar with triggers and proxy objects. If you aren't then you may not be able to set that method up. Its relatively straightforward if you are familiar with the more advanced features of Qs. Google for quicksilver proxies and that should tell you all you need to know.

5. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

Send link in Firefox for - Mail link to this page - shortcut with keyconfig 20080929

Normally I wouldn't revive a thread this old, but I haven't found any solutions in a long Google search. This seems to be a common issue, but not one solid resolution. I finally came upon an extension that is the easiest answer to the problem - keyconfig.

I have written an article, with step by step screen shots to walk you through it. The process is not actually that long, but there are many pop-ups and security warnings through out it, hence the length article. If anyone else knows of an easier solution, by all means, let me know. Till then, good luck and let me know if you have any troubles with it.

Anyways - here is the link -> http://post.ly/1kCla