Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Would it be possible to write an app where you can type in another email address in a from field? For instance, an app that can read the emails on your iPhone so you can forward/reply to them as another email address? I have several emails forward at the server level into my mobile me and it's be great to send from these as well. I've seen web services that let you have the sent address be anything you want, I was just wondering if there was a way for this to be integrated into the iPhone as an app? Thanks!

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Would it be possible to write an app where you can type in another email address in a from field? For instance, an app that can read the emails on your iPhone so you can forward/reply to them as another email address? I have several emails forward at the server level into my mobile me and it's be great to send from these as well. I've seen web services that let you have the sent address be anything you want, I was just wondering if there was a way for this to be integrated into the iPhone as an app? Thanks!

gmail allows you to do this. I am not sure if mobileme will also allow this or not.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I doubt it, as Apple would probably reject such an app on the grounds of it being too similar to its own mail app.

Apple just needs to get off their butts and add that functionality into the iPhone Mail app like it should have in the first place. It's a glaring omission in features that should never have been missed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.