Send more than 5 pics in Mail?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jon08, Apr 30, 2017.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

Ok, so a friend of mine and I both have iPhone 7, never jailbroken, iOS 10.3.1.

While I can send more than 5 pics in my Mail app (when selecting the pics from Photos app), my friend can't (the Mail icon will disappear when he selects more than 5). Any ideas why?

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

That is indeed a really odd limitation (still) of the Photos app. See also this older topic (from iOS9 days, where I also posted on about about iOS10 earlier this year).

This matter has bugged me a lot with the Photo sharing. For some apps the limit is 1 for others it's 5,10,20 but for others 40+ photos are fine. In my case with my 5s/SE and the latest official iOS10 version I can use:

* Apple Mail app, Gmail, Email by Easylido, Spark, Airmail, Telegram, Messenger - 40+ photos
    * Facebook - maximum 30
    * Apple (i)Message app - maximum 20
    * WhatsApp - was maximum 30 (since 23-1-2017, was previously 10) but again 10 with iOS10.3.1 and latest app version (1-May-2017)
    * Google Drive - maximum 10
    * Dropbox - maximum 1 - solution is using Workflow though with this

I don't get it. It seems that the developers need to build this in. Especially for WhatsApp I have to split it up now. Although I'm now looking into Workflow app if there is one for them as well. Like I use to export multiple photos to a specific Dropbox folder.