Send SMS from the computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Phat^Trance, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

is it somehow possible to send sms via the computer ---> iphone via bluetooth? i know that its impossible to do that when the phone havent been jailbreaked, but what if i jailbreak it? will i be able to send sms from the computer --> iphone?

2. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

something lke treasonsms google it

3. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

that requires jailbreaking :(
    http://modmyi.com/info/treasonsms.php

Would love something like nokia pc suite alternative on the mac to send SMS from the computer. Maybe a feature of itunes version 14 one day....

4. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

isnt there any app that use bluetooth and not the WIFI? to have the wifi on all the times will suck the battery dry ;)

5. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

i wonder, there should be a way to connect to the iphone via the web! and contrll the phones functions somehow, like a terminal server or something. That way when i enter the iphones address in firefox, it will directly connect to the phone via egde or 3g and from there i can go to the message app and send the sms via my browser

anyone know if its possible?

6. Phat^Trance thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

7. ineedamac macrumors 6502

What can't you just email the sms to the phone? I send emails to my daughter's phone on Verizon from my yahoo account all of the time. The address I use is XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com. I know other carriers support this I just do not have all of the correct emails.

This way I can send my daughter an sms and not use up the ones I have on my plan for my iPhone. She has unlimited texts as most teenagers these days do.

8. ichabodkky macrumors member

This is easily possible without jailbreaking. For AT&T, just compose a short email and send it to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net and it will go to that persons phone. You can even send a pic if you use xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net. If their phone can accept email address in the contact info, they can send you either to your iPhone via your email address.