Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klord123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
I know how to make groups of contacts on the mac and then sync it with the iphone but how do i send a message to a WHOLE group without having to add each contact one by one?

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Unfortunately you have to buy an app for this functionality as its not something you can do on the iPhone.

This is one feature I really miss from my Nokia days :)

There is a workaround from memory where you have to use notepad copying and pasting numbers and then saving as one contact.

A bit too much work for my liking so purchased an app to do it.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
Unfortunately you have to buy an app for this functionality as its not something you can do on the iPhone.

This is one feature I really miss from my Nokia days :)

There is a workaround from memory where you have to use notepad copying and pasting numbers and then saving as one contact.

A bit too much work for my liking so purchased an app to do it.

Perhaps I am missing what the OP is trying to do, but why can't you go to settings>messages>turn on group messaging. The only time it'll be a pain is the first time you have to select all of the numbers in that group. As long as you never delete it you can go back to that saved text in messages and resend to the whole group at any time.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
Perhaps I am missing what the OP is trying to do, but why can't you go to settings>messages>turn on group messaging. The only time it'll be a pain is the first time you have to select all of the numbers in that group. As long as you never delete it you can go back to that saved text in messages and resend to the whole group at any time.

I don't have that turn on group messaging your talking about?

Anyone looking an app to do this just goto the AppStore and do a search for Group SMS. loads of free ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.