Send the Macbook back?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UrielSeptim, Feb 23, 2014.

1. UrielSeptim macrumors newbie

Hello! I hope I am not going against any of the forum rules posting this thread. Also apologise for my english, I am not a native-speaker.

I just got my macbook pro retina 13" back from a warranty repair. They changed the display since some pixels were burnt.

However, the display is not assembled perfectly. By this I mean that, when the laptop is closed, the display does not cover perfectly the keyboard and the lower part of the laptop.

It is definitely not an easily notable thing. It is still there though and you can "feel it at the touch".

I am pretty sure they would redo the job for me and make it right but I was wondering if such an "invasive" procedure (of dissemble and reassemble the display) is best done as few times as possible so not to ruin and stress the materials and the screws.

Can I have your opinion?

Thank you so much to anyone that will reply!:)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the repair is less then perfect and your machine is worse then it was when you sent it in for repair, then yes by all means send it back.

3. UrielSeptim thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the burnt pixels are not there of course since the display is new.

It is a "different" issue. Nevertheless my concern is about the durability of the materials of the laptop...what do you think?

I am completely uninformed about these things..

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Take it back and have them correct the problem.

5. UrielSeptim thread starter macrumors newbie

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When I send a product in for repair, I expect it to be in the same condition I sent it in, minus the defect. It sounds like they screwed something up, even it if its not causing a problem (yet).