Send To Web Gallery - iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Aug 7, 2007.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Discuss

2. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Events not over yet. I have my fingers crossed for more dotMac / iPhone integration. True push email..access files over edge or wifi etc ...

3. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

hahahaha, you mean they'll finally give us what they promised? LOL

4. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Yah. and well, there most be a ton of people expecting more dotMac upgrade then "send to web gallery" . IF that's the only dotMac news / added feature to the service today there may be a small rebellion from those who put up with dotMac and are hopping for a major upgrade.

5. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

does this mean there will be another iphone update to enable this option?

6. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

7. starcrossed macrumors regular

But i would still think we would get an iPhone software update to add a new button right next to the current button that states email photo on photos you've taken with the iPhone. Heres to hoping a software update that brings more than just that feature.

Wait a minute I just checked and its already there. How did it just appear without an update??

8. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It would be cool that it would happen but i doubt it will..

9. carman63 macrumors regular

I don't remember it there yesterday. Perhaps Apple has a way of 'waking' certain options/features based on the date?

10. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

11. elistan macrumors 6502a

From the Apple website:
    http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/

Where does one select Send to Web Gallery???

12. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

13. Chris Grande macrumors regular

Chris Grande

Force Quit the Photo app, or restart your phone.

14. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

15. parkds macrumors regular

16. elistan macrumors 6502a

I've power cycled my phone and still only see the standard options as well:
    - Use As Wallpaper
    - Email Photo
    - Assign To Contact

Here's a theory for those of us it's not working for... I sync my iPhone with Windows XP. So I don't have iLife or a .mac account. Perhaps the phone has been programmed to look for these when syncing, and realizes that if the owner doesn't have a .mac album, there's no reason to offer the upload choice...

It'd be nice if we could send photos directly from the phone to Google's PicasaWeb...

17. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

My phone shows 'send to web gallery'. However, when I choose it, It says I need to set up my .mac account, as it "has yet to be configured for posting from mobile devices", and I don't see any option of that yet on the site.

But my phone, as strange as it sounds, has been magically updated without me doing a damn thing.

18. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Dont know how but I have it as well. Only thing is when I go to send the photo I get "none of your mac accounts have been configured for posting from mobile devices. You must first enable this feature on the .Mac Website" Can't figure out how and where I do this on the .Mac Site.

Attached Files:

19. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just for .mac users. I mean, the phone knows if you have a .mac account... it wouldn't be strange for the phone to just update for those of us who have an account.

20. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

I dont see it either, I am doing a full reset now.

** I just did a full reset and also did a force quit on the photo album app and I still do not have it. This is strange. I do sync with a mac but do not have a .mac account.

21. Trundle macrumors member

I've Got it

You must have a .mac account...and then configure it for mobile devices

Attached Files:

22. parkds macrumors regular

I sync with a mac and have a .mac account and it isn't showing up for me.

23. imwoblin macrumors 6502

You need to purchase iLife 08 to get this feature to work. It's part of iPhoto 7

Although now that I think about it, what do Windows users do? Is this feature Mac only?

24. Skystar macrumors 6502

I think you need to have a .mac account AND set up a personal website so you can have a web gallery. I have the option to send to my web gallery, but I currently do not have a website up in my .mac trial. I will most likely get one up tonight when I sign up, now that it has 10GB of space :cool:

25. benspratling macrumors 6502

So 10 Gig's of online storage and 100 GB per month download isn't enough for you? Complete with automatic small-medium-large-phone videos formatting? It's still the same price for the year, now my GoDaddy.com page is a bad deal!

Yeah, and when did the "Send to Web Gallery" appear on the iPhone, cause as soon as I saw it on Engadget I checked my phone and there it was, but I don't remember it before, not that I had looked closely... Was there a hidden program on the iPhone in that 1.0.1 update that can re-write the iPhone's software at some predetermined time?