Send Web page to cable connect ipad

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by al404, May 30, 2016.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

I kind of remember that was possible to browse local server Web pages on iPad if is cable connected without wifi network

Since I keep my wifi network off most of the times I would like to test my works that I develop under MAMP on iPad

I also use codekit

Is it possible?

2. 2457244 macrumors regular

You can open de page on your Safari desktop and if your iPad is using the same iCloud account you can view the open desktop page by creating a new tab ( look at bottom where it states open on desktop )

Also CodeKit has some internal server build in that will make this page refresh automatically everywhere.

3. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

I know that but i would like to do it keeping my wifi off
    do you mean that it does work if i keep iPad connect to my mac, like theatering

4. 2457244 macrumors regular

No you'll need WiFi ON in some way on your iPad to connect to some network to make this work. If it's your network at home, office or connect to your network from your iPhone via sharing in iOS but you'll still need WiFi to make the connection.

What you are trying to do is mirroring I think. Show a desktop app on your iPad or an iPad app on your desktop via your Lightning cable.