Sending a email to SJobs@Apple.com

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cybergypsy, Sep 14, 2007.

?

Did you get a problem resolved by emailing to this Address?

1. Yes, and they resolved my problem.

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. No, I still have the same problems.

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. NO, but they sent me coupons for the online store?

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Most of you know i received a free 17" MPB maxed out because I had so Many Issues with my macbooks, just wondering how many people were helped my sending a complaint to this e mail?

2. BadgerMac macrumors regular

You know my story since I think you posted over in my thread. From what I hear it depends on who you get. My rep was very sweet over teh phone but I dont 'know if i p*ssed in her cereal or something because yesterday she was all over me like a bear on a salmon. 5th time now in for a repair, still having issues.

3. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

4. pianos101 macrumors regular

yup same here... got my first replacement 17" MBP from them 2 months ago, and my SECOND replacement is coming on monday! (don't ask...)

5. lauph macrumors regular

how many times have you sent that macbook in/replaced it?

i am typing on my 4th MBP now, and it has a really bent base(the MBP rests on its left "leg", and the battery, then the right "leg" is in the air), dead pixels, buldging trackpad, really loud superdrive, gaps between metal and plastic strip at the edges.

so i guess this 4th machine is eligible for another replacement. need adsvie from you about getting some kind of compensation or anything.

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Just a quick question for ya all. When you get your replacement Macs, and you bought Apple care with your original machines. What happens to that Apple care? Do Apple transfer it over to your new replacement? And in the case where you had a Macbook and Apple replaced it with a Macbok Pro how does that work out?

7. pianos101 macrumors regular

When I got my replacement, my AppleCare was prorated based on the number of times I called in/got hardware service on it during the time AppleCare was active. So, for example, I bought my MBP in May 06, activated APP right away, and when I got my replacement in June 07 I got a $150 refund (from the $330) i paid. I thought this was weird because the hardware warranty is 12 months, but I did call in quite a few times (and phone support is only free for 90 days)... So they will give you money back when you get a replacement...

8. HawkIIe macrumors newbie

Al Kinds of Suport Problems

Hello, I have had all kinds of support problems and maybe you can offer some advice. I got a non-working MacBookPro. Applications crashed hourly. I took it to a city with an applestore and then sent it on to apple repair. They held it days without sorting it out till I call. 5 calls later, I am promised a new hard drive, but they sent it back to me, seemingly untoched. I open and right away I see that spotlight is not working and it crashes in Word & Firefox etc

I am promised a replacement after 20 phone calls. But they don't return messages to send it. Then it doesn't get sent and MCPs go on backorder. Then they make me sign a release to get the replacement. After that delay, they send the computer to the wrong address. Then it goes back to China. Then they send one, a month after I took it to apple.

At each step, no one I spoke to could do anything. The guys shipping the computer could not be reached by phone, even by apple reps, and there was always a day and a half wait for a call to be returned. I could never get a "manager" or someone who could answer for all the mistakes made or explain why there was no rush to replace a bad computer on the second try. No one was empowered to do anything.

This was a very saddening experience, with each of the 60 pages of phone/email logs. Would there be someone at apple to send a letter, or do you suggest this steve jobs address as the best bet?

9. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Wow, a two year old thread, resurrected...well done

10. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Dude, I feel you pain and am sorry you have had so many issues. however, when you are searching threads, BEFORE you post to them, take a look at the date of the last post. this one was 9-2007. the people in this thread may not even be around here anymore.

you would probably get less flack for starting a new thread then you would for bringing back an ancient one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.