sending a form to an email

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by hoosierfan24, Oct 10, 2009.

1. hoosierfan24 macrumors member

Hello I was thinking about adding a form to my app. So the users could send me feedback right through the app, to my email. Would I Have to use .php like I would if it was on a website or would i do something different. Please explain how I would do it

2. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

With a UIWebView, you could display a page that contains the form & script in PHP.

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

If you want to receive an email you could just set up a textview with a send email button. Tapping the button would launch Mail.app and the user would send the email that way.

You could instead have the send email button do an NSURLConnection with a POST to send the text to your server. In that case you need server side scripting to handle the receipt of the message.

TodVader, I don't believe you can use PHP script on the device itself, if that's what you meant.

4. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

No, I ment connecting to an external website that has a page with the form and a script to process the mail.

5. hoosierfan24 thread starter macrumors member

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Another option is to present a UITextView and then use the text as the body of an email you send from within the app.