Sending a text message to multiple people

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Racktacular, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Racktacular macrumors regular

2. unity macrumors 6502a

3. Racktacular thread starter macrumors regular

Wow. Such a simple and useful task. How did they drop the ball on that one?

4. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

Maybe I'll just start something by saying "it'll be in the next tuesday software update for iPhone." Who knows though. A lot of stuff will probably be added to the iPhone in the near future of say 2-3 months.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

i agree. I look for this and many other simple things in the next week or so. would be nice to assign a ringtone to a text msg.

6. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Think about that statement, and apply it to the first 75 days or so, what have they given us as far as updates?

In other words, I wouldn't hold your breath. Funny how they can release an iTunes update in hours to fix a bug, but they cant release hardware updates to make these phones have basic features like every other cell phone.

7. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

Haha, hardware updates? For text messaging?

No, they have made it clear by now through the iPod lines that they are unwilling to update the OS without updating the product itself. I expect them to cap 2 million this holiday season, and ship a solid upgrade in January. What remains questionable is if they will sell the new OS for the older 1G iPhone.

8. cybertron3 macrumors member

I believe you can get around this by sending txt messages as emails. I forget the addresses off hand, but every cell phone has an equivalent email with the provider (something like xxx-yyy-zzzz@attmobile.com). Since you can send one email to multiple people, you could kick off a mass texting like this.

If there is a group of people you often want to text together, you could even set up an email list for it.