sending a txt on a iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by golf pro, Mar 16, 2008.

1. golf pro macrumors member

can you send a txt on a iPod touch I'v tryed sending a email to a 10 didget number and then @teleflip.com but nothing happens any help?

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Navigate your Safari to www.txtdrop.com/iphone/#_sms

It works perfectly!!!! I have used it daily!

3. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

i dont have a touch yet, i went to that site with firefox on my macbook.. it just asks for MY email address.. and then 2 blank fields..

I assume that its missing some labels when not viewed on a touch, what do the other two fields need to be entered? (i would assume one is the message and the other is the recievers phone #)

Can you explain this a bit more?

Thanks

4. macornomac macrumors 6502

Yeah, I just used this thing this morning. Must say it works better then that Sky sms thing. Screw that I'm using this.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Just put in the #, with the area code, no spaces or dashes @vtext.com, and then add that e-mail in your contacts, and you can txt just like that, i just with that mail would refresh every min....

6. macornomac macrumors 6502

Isnt this a verizon service???? I like the one that was posted earlier above. That works pretty well.

7. golf pro thread starter macrumors member

hey i went to txtdrop.com and ive sent 3 so far and they never came is there anything else i have to add to it for have a app on my ipod

8. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

OK, heres a weird thing. I tested this website, i sent a test text to myself, (i have Rogers in canada) and it got a text saying i am not subscribed to email to text messages, someone wants to send me one, do i want to subscribe. Okay i take it that worked.

Second, i sent a text to my roommate, and he has Bell in Canada, and he never got any of my texts.

So i think that it might have something to do with what carrier you have (?)

Thats at least what i think, i do know that some carriers have text sites like this specific for that company (I know Bell Canada has one on the Bell.ca site)

I still want to understand this a bit more, because it would kick ass if i could receive a text on my cell phone when i am at school or home and respond on my Touch (i have to pay to send texts cause i'm on a cheap student plan :))

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Which makes it free for verizon people. (i believe)

10. golf pro thread starter macrumors member

ok well i have alltel and when i send txts to me, i never get them no matter what i do, ive tryed the teleflip and txt drop, ive also sent a txt to my sister and my friend and still none of them have went through any help?

11. joeyalbertine macrumors newbie

use a program called skySMS which is an app for iPod touch

12. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

I have had very great success with txtdrop...i live in VA and send texts to my friend in FL and he has T-Mobile. Now if you want to send texts to other people through your email there are different addresses to send your message to..

@vtext.com = just for verizon wireless users, and you have to sign up on their site to confirm that you want to use this form of text.

@tmomail.net = this is for T-Mobile users...

these are the only ones i know of, but i'm sure you could find the others with google...

13. delude macrumors 6502

14. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

i beg to differ, you dont need to sign up (as the sender)
    but i believe the receiver needs unlimited.