Sending back brand new MBP 15.... again... twice in one week

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by disarticulate, Sep 6, 2011.

1. disarticulate macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Posted this earlier in the wrong forum...

Got my wonderful new Macbook Pro 15 Hi-Res Anti-Glare in the mail last Tuesday.... and it was perfect... until you put it on a flat surface. Then it felt like table at a cheap restaurant, very wobbly (needed 2 sugar packets har har). It's a custom order computer, so when I took it to the Apple store, of course I knew they were going to tell me to call Apple Care to get another one sent out from China. So I call Apple Care, and Shanghai puts one together and ships it out to me in 5 days.... pretty good.

Well the new one came in the mail today and it has a possessed trackpad. It's really funny, it clicks and moves the mouse all by itself. The Geniuses thought it was funny. It's like having a remote desktop assistant run by a 2 year old. It was pretty funny to me until I remembered I'm gonna have to wait another 5 days for another computer.... wtf.

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

That must of been a rare defect.
    My 2011 MBP has no problem so far.

3. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Definitely would have to agree with yusukeaoki up there. I upgrade my Mac every 2 years and have never been faced with any issues. Perhaps it's just bad quality control lately. Hope you get a perfect, non-defect the third time around.

4. disarticulate thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm not too bent out of shape about it. Apple support has always exceeded my expectations. My mid 2009 13 MBP pooped out in the middle of finals May 2010. Took it to the Apple store and replacing hard drive didn't fix it. They said they'd need to hold onto it for a day or so, but when I told them I was a med student in the middle of finals they got a manager and he told me if I can get him the box for my MBP he'd just give me a new one (same specs).

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Seems like alot of people having trouble with their Apple product.
    My first Apple product was Apple Typewriter (yes you still can use it) to Quicksilver, PBG3, PBG4 12 & 15in, iMac G3, G4, G5, i7, MBP 17in i7, MBA 11in, iPhone 3G & 3GS, hundreds of ipods and I never had any problem with it.

6. erasr macrumors 6502

I think worryingly, you've hit the nail on the head.

Worst of all, I'm hearing and found first hand that Apple employees are just saying 'never seen that before' or 'that's the first time I've seen that happen' when the product is brought back in to replace.

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Just wondering...why do you have hundreds of ipods? :X

8. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Standard Genius bar rhetoric from the year dot.

9. disarticulate thread starter macrumors regular