Sending back to Apple?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by emb531, Oct 8, 2007.

1. emb531 macrumors member

Hey, just a question about whats going to happen here. I got a Touch on Saturday, Week 37, 1.1.1 firmware with a Macy Gray box...initial reactions were good, "I got a good screen!" But after some further playing around, I noticed some dead pixels, and the dreaded black contrast issue. Although not as bad as some I've seen on here, some dark scenes are very hard to see. So I called up Apple, spoke to a very friendly assistant, and they are sending me a box to send it back in. My question is will they replace it or somehow try to fix this one? Anybody sent one in and gotten a brand new one back? Or how they are to "assess" whether or not my screen is bad? I really love the thing, the interface is awesome, I just want a good screen basically. Thanks for anyone's help :cool:

2. benwatt macrumors newbie

I contacted Apple UK about my ipod touch last Friday, and they've placed an order on my behalf for a new one (which currently says it will ship next Tuesday), and are going to arrange for a courier to pick up the current one some time this week.

In my case when I go into the details of the order I placed originally, it now lists a new dispatch date for my replacement ipod (and actually the details of the previous one including invoice with serial number are now gone).

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

If it's not too late, get them to send you a replacement first, with a box to simultaneously return the other. That's what they're doing for my (3rd replacement) Touch. That's what they should do - you've got a DOA unit, no reason to be without for weeks while they ponder over it.

Or, you could take your chances going to an Apple Store, if that's an option. They've been pretty good about offering to replace mine. Just be sure it's with a recent (Week 39 or later) model to minimize chances of getting another bad one.

If too late, be sure to record your serial # so you know if you get the same one back.