sending calender invites from outlook to mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by maljago, Jun 25, 2007.

1. maljago macrumors newbie

I'm a typical microsoft idiot wanting to move to Mac. The only thing holding me back is i need to be able to send calender invites to MS users and them to me[especially my wife]
    Entourage makes this possible i know. However all my Mac friends say dont use it for mail as its no where near as good as the Mac mail.
    Also i figure why migrate to MAc only to MS.
    My question i need help on is there a way for MS outlook to accept Mac calender invites without using Entourage.??

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

In my past experience, sort of...

If you send an outlook calendar invite to a user using Apple's Mail application, you should see an invitation attachment. If you click on it, it'll load up, by default, in iCal, where you can add it to a calendar.

If you create an event in iCal and share it, I believe, that, likewise, if you forward it to an Outlook user, they can click on the attachment in Outlook and have it put in their calendar as well.

However, they're not "managed" invites -- you can't do things like monitor acceptance / declines, etc. You also don't, I think, get the accept / decline buttons in Mail.

But Entourage isn't soooo bad. I like Mail better, but Entourage is reasonably usable.