Sending content to iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Ollifi, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Ollifi macrumors regular

So I often run into the following problem: I am browsing a web page on my Mac in Chrome. And I'd like to share that link in a WhatsApp group. Then I go to some url shortener, and write the link to whatsapp. Is there possibility to make this process easier? Like that the web page URL would go to WhatsApp directly. Or at least to my iPhone's clipboard. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

2. H3boy, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

H3boy macrumors regular

H3boy

Chrome has an option called "Chrome to mobile" that might help you.

Edit: Google is discontinuing that feature this month, You'll have to sync your tabs across all devices.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I ended up using the Mac's Notes -> iPhone's Notes for that sort of thing.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Does your Mac support airdrop?

Else, you may want to look at a 3rd party solution like pushbullet or Command-C.

5. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

AirDrop was my suggestion as well. Just click the share sheet and send it to your iPhone via AirDrop. From there it will open up in Safari most likely and you can share via whatever app from there.

6. Ollifi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tips!

"Chrome to mobile", yes otherwise it would work, but in Mac I use Chrome, but in iOS I use Safari. I just feel good with that combination, unfortunately :/

Yes, Notes I've considered too. But - there is no option to force refresh notes in Notes iOS App. When I write a note on my Mac, it can take ages for iOS App to update :/

Yep, Airdrop is supported but I cannot use Airdrop from Chrome? I also tested it on Safari, it worked but needed too many clicks in my opinion.

So I decided to start using Pushbullet, it feels excellent! Unfortunately, the universal clipboard function does not work in background :( I always have to open the iOS App for the clipboard to update...

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Too bad about your iOS Notes. Are you syncing via iCloud? My Office 365 Exchange Notes sync happens immediately.

8. Ollifi thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, I'm syncing via iCloud. Apple should really add ability to force refresh.

9. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

icloud is still quite unreliably in that regard. Sometimes, apps like Notes refresh pretty quickly (not as instantaneous like say, Google Docs, but still quickly enough to let it not feel like a drag). Other times, it can literally take several minutes before the changes get synced over, and in that time, you may as well just email the link to yourself. :(

10. Ardmanz macrumors regular

Use pushbullet.

*Sorry, should have read the whole thread. :p