Sending duplicate text messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maestro55, Dec 28, 2007.

1. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

So I am not sure if this issue has been brought up before or if it is a problem with the iPhone; however, a friend of mine tells me that she is getting duplicates of every message I send. I know I am only hitting the send button once and it makes me wonder what the problem is. Has anyone else ever hears of this happening?

2. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

I have been having the same problem but in reverse. I keep getting duplicate copies when someone sends me a text. I talked to AT&T and they said it was coming from the other person's end. I would call AT@T tech support. They should be able to trouble shoot it and figure out why this is happening. One thing they told me to do was to turn my phone off for at least 30 seconds at least once a week to reset the connection to the towers.