Sending email address ending doubled eg. @me.com@me.com

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RobVanderheyden, Feb 17, 2011.

1. RobVanderheyden macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Today I was sending an email from my iPhone 3GS but it could not send from my MobileMe account because the sending address shows a double ending. @me.com@me.com shows up in the from box in the email but does not show up in the email section in settings. Other email accounts don't have this happen. Help please.

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Check the outgoing server settings.

3. RobVanderheyden thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I can't find a place in settings to see outgoing server settings.

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

settings > mail > accounts > account > mail

5. RobVanderheyden thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I have been able to get that far earlier and see only my address ending in a single @me.com . There also seems to be no way that I can see to edit anything there.

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

At the bottom of the "Account" page ,you will see "Outgoing Mail Server"l, Click on the small arrow and you can edit it.

7. RobVanderheyden thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help guys. I could change the outgoing mail server to another address but could not edit the address at me.com so finally I deleted the me.com account and reinstalled it. That fixed the problem.

8. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Glad you got it sorted out. Email problems can be a nightmare sometimes.