Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobVanderheyden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Today I was sending an email from my iPhone 3GS but it could not send from my MobileMe account because the sending address shows a double ending. @me.com@me.com shows up in the from box in the email but does not show up in the email section in settings. Other email accounts don't have this happen. Help please.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Today I was sending an email from my iPhone 3GS but it could not send from my MobileMe account because the sending address shows a double ending. @me.com@me.com shows up in the from box in the email but does not show up in the email section in settings. Other email accounts don't have this happen. Help please.
Check the outgoing server settings.

RobVanderheyden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011

I can't find a place in settings to see outgoing server settings.

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle

I can't find a place in settings to see outgoing server settings.

settings > mail > accounts > account > mail

RobVanderheyden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
settings > mail > accounts > account > mail

Thanks for the help. I have been able to get that far earlier and see only my address ending in a single @me.com . There also seems to be no way that I can see to edit anything there.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the help. I have been able to get that far earlier and see only my address ending in a single @me.com . There also seems to be no way that I can see to edit anything there.
At the bottom of the "Account" page ,you will see "Outgoing Mail Server"l, Click on the small arrow and you can edit it.

RobVanderheyden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
At the bottom of the "Account" page ,you will see "Outgoing Mail Server"l, Click on the small arrow and you can edit it.

Thanks for the help guys. I could change the outgoing mail server to another address but could not edit the address at me.com so finally I deleted the me.com account and reinstalled it. That fixed the problem.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the help guys. I could change the outgoing mail server to another address but could not edit the address at me.com so finally I deleted the me.com account and reinstalled it. That fixed the problem.
Glad you got it sorted out. Email problems can be a nightmare sometimes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.