Sending gMail CC's self..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tearabite, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

My wife's iPhone is using Gmail (exchange). Whenever she sends ME an email (also gMail), the message goes to her as if she's CC'd herself (but, she's not CCd). As far as i can see, she has all the same settings on her phone as i have on mine, yet this does not happen when I send her (or anyone) mail on my phone.
    I've googled this issue and it seems it was a problem for many back on an older version of iOS, but the fix was to change a setting that is no longer present in iOS 4 ..

??? :confused:

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

I also see this on my iPhone (on iOS 4) and iPad (on iOS 5 b4). I always thought this was a server-side (email) setting and not an iOS problem.

To be honest, I've not done anything about it since it's not a major issue for me - however I'll have a look in my gmail settings to see if there's anything obvious that resolves the problem.

Cheers,

RTP.

3. Tearabite thread starter macrumors regular

Tearabite

Upon further review I found it was happening in the gMail web interface, so I knew then it wasn't an iPhone issue. Further digging found the "send as" (or something like that) using my email address in her Gmail settings. Removed that setting and problem solved...