Sending higher quality videos via MMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JT314, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JT314 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 records awesome videos, but when I send them via MMS to others, many say it is so distorted that they can't hardly view it. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a setting somewhere that I can change so i can send clear videos via MMS?

Thanks.

2. reliantj macrumors 6502

are you sending these to other ip4's? or 3g(s)'s?

could be that they need to compress the video. large video files could slow at&t's "fastest" 3g network down, so maybe that's why they're compressed.

3. JT314 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm sending them to other iphones and other phones on verizon's network. All have said there is a major difference from the videos I sent before the iOS4 update. It might be AT&T restricted the size after because of the projected increase of usage when the iPhone 4 came out, I guess. But it's not even worth sending the videos because the quality is so poor.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Use email instead.
    Mms compresses them and makes them grainy like that. It's not an option it's done on the carriers end for network reasons and so that they can be sent and received easier and faster.

5. bushibia macrumors member

Im really interested in this, I checked out the carrier plist and there is a setting for max messages size and max video bitrate. I tried messing with them, didn't get anywhere though. I'm wondering if there's some other files that must be edited as well. Anyone have experience in this subject?

6. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

I agree to send video by email instead of mms, for video send via MMS is significantly compressed with all cell phones and with all carriers. :)