Sending in for repair vs local repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Warranty Voider, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

My MBP recently had a bunch of problems with the logic board and speakers. I brought it into the Apple Store (on Monday) and they gave me the option of them sending it into a repair center, or them repairing it locally in store. I requested that they sent out just because I was curious to see how long it would take. To my surprise, my MBP arrived, fixed and as good as new on my doorstep today. That's amazingly fast for sending it out to a offsite repair center. The repair center is in Philadelphia. I live in Maine. You do the math. When I've had things repaired locally in the Apple Store it's taken weeks to repair instead of days because they need to order the parts.

Anyways, the point of this thread was to suggest to people that they choose the offsite repair option. It's amazingly fast, and it saved me a trip to the Apple Store (they shipped my MBP directly to my house).

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

Doesn't sound like much a "vs" thread ;) I fully agree though, repairs are much more efficient if you send it off (or at least extremely efficient on their own, since I haven't used in-store repair services).

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Agreed! I'm consistently surprised by how fast they get things done by mail-in repair.

Although, why the Apple Store goons always try to take your machine and mail it in themselves, so you can come back to the store to pick it up is beyond me.

Why would I want to drive to pick it up when it would be shipped to my doorstep otherwise? :rolleyes: