Sending In Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by theturtle, May 22, 2010.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

hi guys, quick warranty question. Im going to be in an area where theres no apple store for miles and miles so i was planning on sending it in.

the issue with my phone is, the power button depressed in quite a bit. its to the point where im having trouble actually pressing it when its in the case.

my question is, how do i go about sending it in. Do i call apple to send me a box or something? the only thing im worried about is, what if apple receives the phone and sees that the power button is not depressed enough to warrant and exchange (also i brushed my chrome, that shouldnt effect warranty right?).

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

If you're "having trouble" then that us not the Apple Experience. It won't be a problem.

3. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

couldnt tell if that was sarcasm or not. :)

4. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Not sarcasm. I got my iPhone replace for making an annoying ringing sound only heard by teenagers and select adults. It was slight, but Apple replaced it just because I didn't like it.

5. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh okay haha. could you tell me the process you went through? do you send your phone in first? etc etc. so the chances of them getting it and then saying the problem isn't big enough to warrant an exchange is pretty slim right?

6. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh yeah, doing the brushed chrome mod wont effect whether or not i get my warranty honored right?

7. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

I think that would affect it. Call and ask, they may not release the hold on your account.